Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

act.exe email stopped working-act cannnot find any installed email carrier on this computer

act.exe email stopped working-act cannnot find any installed email carrier on this computer

Hello,

I use ACT 10 with Vista and have been getting this message about once a day randomlysince I loaded ACT on my PC with Vista. "Act.exe email stopped working". Then it asks me to debug or restart act. Neither of those options do anything except shut down my email. When I try to open my email again I get this message: "Act cannot find any installed email carriers on this computer. you haven't set up any email systems. You will need to install email on this computer before you receive email in Act."

I have to completely shut down Act and restart it and most of the time it restarts fine.

However, today I installed the update (Act 10.0.3.182) and now I get the above message EVERY time I try and open my email but when I restart ACT it does not fix it,,,it continues to give me the same messages.

I use Internet mail, not Outlook.

I would really appreciate some help. I have used ACT since 95' and am ready to chunk it!Woman Sad

Thanks,

Judy

Re: act.exe email stopped working-act cannnot find any installed email carrier on this computer

Judy,

Try disabling User Account Control (UAC) and test it out.

How to Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista®

If that fails, I would uninstall ACT! and reinstall using a full 10.0.3 download.  Which version of ACT! 2008 are you using (Standard or Premium)?

Re: act.exe email stopped working-act cannnot find any installed email carrier on this computer

After spending all weekend on this I finallhy did reinstall ACT and it seemed to get rid of that problem. When I reinstalled; my contacts, docs, templates etc. are in place but ALL my emails are gone. I did a back up but not a seperate email transfer.

Called tech support this morning and bounced around for about 30 minutes only to be told their computers were down.

I use ACT standard, not Premium. Any way to get these back?

Thanks,

Judy

dlunceford wrote:

Judy,

Try disabling User Account Control (UAC) and test it out.

How to Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista®

If that fails, I would uninstall ACT! and reinstall using a full 10.0.3 download.  Which version of ACT! 2008 are you using (Standard or Premium)?

I have the same problem - Act dumps all my emails and I have worked with ACT support after buying the extra support.  This happens about every 6 weeks, when I have about 5 or 600 emails - This has got to be a Act Vista problem is there any more permanent solution to this?  Even the support team in Florida has said this is a problem.  One suggestion was to use Outlook, another Solution was to download the latest version - - for some reason, I can't install the latest version into Act - is that a Vista problem also?