Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

act Pro 2011 compatibility with MS office Suite 2010 64-bit Windows 7 64-bit

act Pro 2011 compatibility with MS office Suite 2010 64-bit Windows 7 64-bit

Hi All,

Recently upgraded to a new laptop using Windows 7 64-bit.  

Brand-new to act... Did lots of research and decided on act for my new direct mail campaigns. just sitting down to install act software and looked online and it says it does not support Microsoft office 2010 in 64-bit version. Only supports 32-bit version.  I'm not very techno but it sounds like I will not be able to import my databases from Excel into act? am I interpreting this correctly before I do my install?

Any other options?

Really appreciate any help

Frustrated in Long Beach California

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: act Pro 2011 compatibility with MS office Suite 2010 64-bit Windows 7 64-bit

ACT! Pro 2011 is supported for Windows 7 64 bit, however integration of ACT! with the 64 bit version of Office is not supported. Many other software products, other than ACT! do not work with Office 64 bit version.  

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: act Pro 2011 compatibility with MS office Suite 2010 64-bit Windows 7 64-bit

Bronze Contributor

You never mentioned whether 1) you have office installed and 2) whether it's 32 or 64 bit.  I ask because 1) if you haven't installed Office yet, simply install the 32-bit version, or 2) if you have Office installed, determine whether it was installed as 32 or 64 bit.  Did you know you can have Windows 7 installed in 64-bit mode yet have Office installed in 32-bit mode?  Before you go uninstalling/reinstalling, it's worth figuring out which Office was installed.  Your course of action should be:

If Office 2010 is already installed, here's a link to a simple way to determine whether it's 32 or 64:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/24259/beginner-discover-if-youre-running-the-32-or-64-bit-version-of-...

If Office was installed in 32 bit mode, then you can safely install ACT!.

If Office was installed in 64 bit mode, then you'll have to un-install it and re-install in 32-bit mode.

Signature