Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

act 2011 import from excel or txt, number wont import

act 2011 import from excel or txt, number wont import

Hi

I want to import sales figures in the act database. When I have the field on "character' its no problem, when I change it to currency, i cant import the figure. I tried it as excel and as txt, both no result. 

Anybody?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: act 2011 import from excel or txt, number wont import

Do you get anything?

What version/build of ACT!? If not 13.1 +Hotfix 4, you might try getting the updates

Not sure if it's an issue for a build of ACT! 2011, but it was for early ACT! 2010 (fixed in a patch) and, for some reason, they list ACT! 2011 on the left of this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2560...

thanks for your reply

i have act pro 2011 latest version including hot fix 4

The question I have is exactly the same as mentioned in the article you just sent

does anybody recognize this problem?

HELP!

Hello bodehond,
I tested this with ACT! 2011 (latest updates applied) and Excel 2007 and 2010. Save file as an Excel file and imported in to a currency field in ACT! - it imported in with no issue and the currency format was retained. Also tested successfully with a .csv file import.

Did you create a new currency field or convert a character field to currency?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

HI

i changed a character field to currency field, then the field is empty , i import from excel or txt tab sep and no value

Try importing into a new currency field and see if the format is retained. If you have data in the converted field that needs to go into the new field, then lookup all contacts with data in that field (Lookup > Other Fields, > [field name] > Contains Data) then go to Edit > Copy Field to copy the existing data from the old field to the new field.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi

I tried this, but i did not work

with the excel file I get an error that the file is in the wrong format 

in the txt file i can import it but not succesful

thanks for your help - any further ideas?

I have seen this error is the version of Excel you have is either a trial version, not fully registered, or the Click-to-Run version. You may also want to run Office Diagnostics (2007, 2010) or Check & Repair (2003) for Excel.

Greig Hollister

I think I found the problem

in Europe we say 1.003,20 euro

in US it is 1,003.20 

(so . and , are different)

Last question: If i want to import in act from excel 2007 (xlsx or xls) act says FIle format or version not valid. Even when saved as 2003 it gives the same error.

thanks for your help in advance