Search instead for 
Do you mean 

act 2010 the rpc server is unavailable when using act word processor

act 2010 the rpc server is unavailable when using act word processor

act 2010 the  rpc server is unavailable when using act word processor

any help on this?

Re: act 2010 the rpc server is unavailable when using act word processor

to clarify

when trying to print, the error message "the rpc server is unavailable"  comes up..

please help

ZERO response from people here,

i got rid of the computer and purchased one with 2 gig ram... no problems now

i recommend everyone not use anything less than 2 gig ram for act 2010,,  its a totally useless product with anything less..  slow and painful and unworkable

hope it helps someone

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello aussiejj,

I'm sorry that you did not get a response to your earlier posting. The RPC server error usually indicates an issue with MS Word and can be normally be fixed by renaming the normal.dot file or running repairs on Word. The issue was fixed when you got a new machine because you also got a new install of Word...it has nothing to do with RAM. In regards to RAM, 1GB mat or may not give you the performance you want with ACT!...it depends on your O/S, anti-virus, other programs installed, hardware, and background services you may have running. Todays programs are more demanding than a few years ago, so will require more of your machines memory. I know that the minimum requirements for 2010 state 512MB, but that is just to get ACT! installed and running....minimum requirements will give you minimum performance.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

TRS

I am receiving a window indicating the "RPC Server" is unavailable when trying to access the ACT word processor. Can you help? Thank You.

TRS