Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

act 2010 for Real Estate Professionals license agreement

act 2010 for Real Estate Professionals license agreement

[ Edited ]

i recently purchased a copy of this for use on my netbook. I was wondering if the licensing agreement allows me to install it onto my home computer as well... or on my office computer and home computer so i can just carry a thumb drive around when i go home at night. please advise

Silver Contributor

Re: act 2010 for Real Estate Professionals license agreement

ACT is licensed by the person. so one person= one license. You can load a desktop and laptop with one license.  However, the thumb drive option really wont work becasue ACT is tied to SQL server.

Instead consider setting up synchronization between you desktop and laptop, you'll be much happier.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just to clarify what Jon said, a "person" would be an active user login in the database. You can activate a serial number (license) on more than one machine, but there is a limit to the number times you can activate (usually 2-5 times). You will not use up a license with multiple registrations, so long as you are logging into the database with the same user name (login). Also, the thumb drive option can be very cumbersome and possibly cause database damage. I would agree with Jon that synchronization is the best option.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

i need a paid service to synchronize correct?

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not really. If you have a wireless home network you can sync through that. Or you can sync through the Internet using a free VPN service, such as Hamachi. For info on using Hamachi VPN to sync with ACT!, see KB Article 23333.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.