Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

act 2006 install getting error 1722 and fatal error 1603 and something about msi.chm

act 2006 install getting error 1722 and fatal error 1603 and something about msi.chm

had a virus and had to remove everthing off my desktop...was sent a link from Act for 2006 so I could reinstall.

did the link....got the zip...unzipped...it created file on my C drive (but only empty folders on my C: PROGRAM Files directory)...open the file on my C drive (ACTv802) and see the set-up icon under both the STANDARD and ACTSTD file...have run both of the set-ups and get:

error 1722 and fatal error 1603 and something about msi.chm

I'm operating XP 2002 sp2 and have microsoft installer 3.1...

any ideas on how I can get back to using the software I've already paid for ....?

thx,

Dave

Re: act 2006 install getting error 1722 and fatal error 1603 and something about msi.chm

When you had to remove everything, does that mean you formatted?  Usually error 1722 is caused by remnants of the previous installation and the files will need to be cleaned up to get passed the error.

You have a couple of options.  First you can try running the ACT! Uninstaller to remove the remnants.  If that fails to work, you will need to manually remove the files.

How to Use the ACT! Uninstaller.exe file

How to Manually Remove ACT! 2006 for Windows and ACT! 2006 Premium for Workgroups