Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

You don't have permission to open this file (from an automatic backup and trying to restore) Act 2012

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

You don't have permission to open this file (from an automatic backup and trying to restore) Act 2012

I am trying to restore a database from an automatic backup  done daily and saved in "my documents"

I get the error message "you do not have permission to open this file"  "contact the file owner or an administrator to obtain permission"  

I am the only user and the software is on my personal laptop.  I haven't had any trouble with any other administrative tasks.

Please help - I inadvertently deleted about 50 contacts, and need to restore from yesterday.  

Thank you very much!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author sage_act1
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: You don't have permission to open this file (from an automatic backup and trying to restore) Act 2012

If this is a Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating system, try running Sage ACT! 'as administrator'. To do this: close Sage ACT! > right click on the Sage ACT! icon > select 'Run as administrator' > attempt restore.
Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author sage_act1
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: You don't have permission to open this file (from an automatic backup and trying to restore) Act 2012

If this is a Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating system, try running Sage ACT! 'as administrator'. To do this: close Sage ACT! > right click on the Sage ACT! icon > select 'Run as administrator' > attempt restore.
Greg Martin
Sage

Greg,

Thank you thank you thank you for the reply!  Worked perfectly.  I REALLY appreciate the help!

I have tried this but now I can not open any of my data base files.  Previously I could not back them up and now I can  not open them.  Any help?  It is Act 6.0 running on Windows 7

Lee Harmeling