Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Xenocode Virtual Appliance Runtime Error

Xenocode Virtual Appliance Runtime Error

When trying to launch ACTDIAG I receive this error.

Any ideas?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Xenocode Virtual Appliance Runtime Error

A runtime error could indicate a .NET issue.  Check your Windows Event Viewer for Application errors.  You may need to uninstall and reinstall ACT! and .NET 2.0.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

ACT! 2009 Premium SQL Failure

[ Edited ]
Well, here’s the complete scenario (in brief): NOTE:Link to JPG’s error messages [invalid link removed] During the initial installation I have no choice but to install SQL 2005 Express, even though I already have it installed on my machine AND with ACT! Already shown as an instance AND RUNNING! Anyway, I tried the usual procedures like fully uninstalling ACT! And SQL, CLEAN! Full registry sweep! And tried to install ACT! – No Good (See JPG’s). Accompanying JPG’s will show all success and failures. I received an error during the SQL portion of the installation (see JPG Error) which indicated that SQL Services could not be started and informed me of a method by which to start said services manually. So I went to my services.msc and Re-started said instance. Still the error message persisted, even though the instance is clearly running successfully (See JPG’s). I’ll guess to say that the Xenocode errors are attributed by the unsuccessful installation y which the SQL had unsuccessfully installed. What the heck is wrong! P.S. .Net is installed and running fine as well.No Firewall or other programs are preventing a successful installation either. 
Message Edited by gmartin on 02-02-2010 12:39 PM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2009 Premium SQL Failure

The issue that is displayed here is unique to your Xenocode virtual appliance and not necessarily that of ACT!.

Based on the error reported, there is a component that is not registered properly in the Xenocode environment.

Is this appliance environment hosting Vista and if so, what version, including an x32 or x64 version?

To find out exactly what is failing, I suggest installing a dependency walker, then launching ACTDiag.  This should help isolate the component or components that are registered.  Once discovered, you should be able to user Regsrv32.exe to seat the files which should resolve the error.

What version of Xenocode appliance are you using by the way?

thanks

Matthew McFadden

Is this appliance environment hosting Vista and if so, what version, including an x32 or x64 version?

I'm running VISTA Ultimate 32bit

I suggest installing a dependency walker

What is that? Besides I don't have it and wouldn't know how to debug the information in it when I used it.

then launching ACTDiag

ACTDIAG does not work due to the failed installation and erros as mentioned previously.

Once discovered, you should be able to user Regsrv32.exe to seat the files which should resolve the error.

Well, that's the problem, I won't be able too.

What version of Xenocode appliance are you using by the way?

I have no idea! I looked everywhere for Xenocode, within program directories, registry entries and not one instance of this program turns up!

Barry Smiley Sad

Nickel Elite Contributor

A dependency walker is a utility that show what other components need to be in place in order for an application to work.  You should be able to find one on the Web called "depends".  Once installed, you would launch it, then open ACTDiag.  There will be a tree view with a pretty apparent error of what may be missing.

At this point however, I don't think this will be useful, as the issue you are having is between your Xenocode appliance and SQL.  The error you linked is coming from the appliance application.  You may need to contact the vendor for assistance with this.

Unfortunately, we do not test ACT! on virtual appliances.

Thanks,

-Matt

Matthew McFadden

Once installed, you would launch it, then open ACTDiag.  There will be a tree view with a pretty apparent error of what may be missing.

Again, sorry to reiterate the same point, I can not launch ACTDIAG.  It's not there b/c of the failed install SQL install.

At this point however, I don't think this will be useful, as the issue you are having is between your Xenocode appliance and SQL.  The error you linked is coming from the appliance application.  You may need to contact the vendor for assistance with this.

I already did.  They (Xenocode) could not provide ay support.  I gave them the same error messages as you and they said it's a SAGE matter.

Besides, like I already have indicated, I am not aware of any programs that use Xenocode. I performed extensive directory and Registry searches which yeilded negative results for Xenocode.

Barry.

P.S.

I know I am dumping this on you, but I have no where else to turn.  If you can't get it fixed then I have to purchase another product.

Which would be dissapointing because up until now ACT! (previous versions and on previous OS's) have worked fine.

Nickel Elite Contributor

What would you like us to do here?

The error message that is returned is due to a relationship with the VM Appliance and MS SQL.

The error message is specificic to Xenocode.

How would you like us to support this OS / Application?

Matthew McFadden

What would you like us to do here?
Provide support for an error that’s directly related to software that is built upon a relationship with products that are installed and rely upon components installed and managed by SAGE software.

The error message that is returned is due to a relationship with the VM Appliance and MS SQL.
Exactly.  A relationship predicated upon SAGE software.

The error message is specificic to Xenocode.
Yes.  This has already been established with my first email complaint to support.  Reiterating this point is moot.

How would you like us to support this OS / Application?
A question that can only be answered by your support team.

In conclusion:  Remember, I did not install or have ever used, to the best of my knowledge, Xenocode.  As I’ve stated numerous times, I have not found any code, or registry entry for Xenocode on my system.

I am not aware of any other products currently installed on my PC that utilizes Xenocode.

MS/SQL as a stand alone installs fine and is completely operational as you have seen, via JPG’s I have submitted in prior responses that have indicated a properly functioning SQL.

MS Outlook Business Card add-on utilizes MS-SQL just fine.

So, the obvious place for support would be, and can only be, SAGE software.

Xenocode and Microsoft have no jurisdiction here, as I have been informed by both support teams regarding this debacle.

It’s clearly a SAGE matter entirely.

Barry.

Nickel Elite Contributor

Sir,

First I apologize you encountered this error.  Next, lets clarify some things:

1) How did you receive this software package installation?  It obviously did not come as a download from the ACT! site or via a CD.

2) Xenocode is a virtual appliance.  ACT! is not distributed in this manor nor does any part of the code consume anything from this software application / distribution method.  Additionally it is not tested in this manor either.

3) The error referenced here reflects the packaging distribution method in which you obtained it, that is why Xenocode Runtime is in the title bar of the error.  Perhaps this came from an IT department which may be able to assist in this matter.

4) 0x80004005 denotes "Access is denied" error, meaning, the account in which you are attempting to run the application does not have sufficient rights to launch.  Since this is Vista, you can either disable UAC and attempt to launch the application, else, select the executable via right mouse button, and invoke the "Run as Administrator" on the "ActDiag.exe".

5) Sure your other applications are working fine on the machine, but that doesn't mean they were also installed via a Virtual Appliance method.  Please check the way that the ACT! software was delivered to you.

Lastly, I respectfully disagree with you that it is entirely a Sage matter, in that Sage did not deliver this application to you as a Virtual Appliance.

Matthew McFadden