Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wrong email address inserted into email

Wrong email address inserted into email

I just upgraded to Act! Pro Version 20.1.120.0, Update 3 from 2010.  Over the years, I updated some email addresses when they changed. Now ACT is inserting their old, deleted address into an email when I either do a mail merge or click "email".  When you look at the contact screen, it shows their new address, but is inserting their old one. I tried deleting the new one and retyping but no good. The first time I did an email mail merge I got dozens of returned messages with the wrong addresses.

Nickel Contributor

Re: Wrong email address inserted into email

[ Edited ]

There is another thread existing which I think is related to your problem and could contain the solution:

https://community.act.com/t5/Product-Issue-Submissions/Act-v20-1-Edited-Email-Address-Not-Used-in-Ne...

At least worth trying the workaround here.

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Administrator

Re: Wrong email address inserted into email

That link is to a thread in the Act! Certified Consultant board, so I'm afraid Greg won't be able to follow it.

In summary, it looks like one of our ACC's had the same issue - it turned out to be a permissions issue relating to a registry key.

Essentially the fix was to open the windows Registry (regedit.exe), navigate to the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server and grant 'full control' to all users.

If this is something you're comfortable doing, feel free to give it a try - but be warned, the registry contains important system information - and Swiftpage will take no responsibility for issues caused by improper usage.

An alternative, would be to try running the program as an administrator (right-click > run as admin) and see if the problem continues in this circumstance.