Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Write email from template via Group or Company

Write email from template via Group or Company

I'm not sure if it's just me and my expectations, but does anyone else have the problem with looking in the Companies (or Groups), highlighting a contact associated with that Company (or Group), going Writ | Email (from template) and then it sends a bulk email to every contact on that Company/Group? I just keep doing that! And I'm not a new user to CRM tools, so... (BTW - I'm on ACT 2008 v10) Anyway, just a comment. Wondering if enough other people do that to maybe redesign the program (even a simple popup that says "Do you really want to send this to all contacts in this Company/Group (check box to never show message again)" ). I find there are a few things where a simple popup for dummies wouldn't go astray! Smiley Happy Thanks!
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Write email from template via Group or Company

Click on the link to switch to the Contact, then Write | Email to the current contact

Re: Write email from template via Group or Company

GLComputing wrote:
Click on the link to switch to the Contact, then Write | Email to the current contact

Thank you for your response. I do actually know how to do it, now, after considerable heart ache. My particular post was not so much a "how do I" but more along the lines of "does anyone else find themselves doing it this way, too?" A case in point; if I go to write a document which is NOT an email, and I am in the Company list, and have a single contact highlighted, and that document uses Contact codes, not Company codes, then the document I select assembles for the single selected contact, not one for each Contact in the list associated with the Company. That's what I expect it to do, and what I'd expect it to do as an email message is composed, but it's obviously not what it does. But thanks for taking the time to ensure that I do know the ACT way to do it, as others reading this posting might not have figured it out on their own and could be otherwise very frustrated.