Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Write / edit / quote...... I messed it up and now it doesn't work right.

Write / edit / quote...... I messed it up and now it doesn't work right.

I was editing the "quote template" and everything was going great. I loved the fact that you could use the opportunity list and create a quote from there. I was pleased to see all the information entered into the template. I Edited it and put my logo on it. Then I was noticing that the Quote would be 2 pages and not 1. So I was messing around with it, shrinking it in size. Now, I can't get the products from my dropdown in the opportunity list to enter into the quote. (this was happening automatically before). Before, I was also able to edit the quote like it was an Excel spreadsheet. Now I can't edit it, and it doesn't look like an excel spread sheet anymore. It will just let me "Format picture". 

How can I get it back to normal and start over?

Or

Is there a way to get the products to appear in the template again? I can't find a way to "tie" them in with the Quote. Apparently the user field is messed up. I don't know

Starting fromscratch would be just fine.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Write / edit / quote...... I messed it up and now it doesn't work right.

Hello Jelder,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

You can replace the Quote files in your database with a copy of the ones from the Demo database.  If you have removed the Demo database, simply create a new database and it will contain the Quote files.

The Quote files will be within the '*databasename*-database files\Templates' folder.

Greg Martin
Sage

I created a new database and I can see the Quote file and it works great. However I can't transfer it to my original database.

Is there a way to do that?

I just want to replace the quote from the old database with the one from the new database.  So it all works again.

Thank you

John Elder

You can use Copy/Paste to put the quote template from the new database into your original database.  Use Windows Explorer (the My Computer/Computer icon) > browse to the '*new databasename*-database files\templates' folder and Copy the Quote files, then navigate to the '*original database*-database files\templates' folder and Paste the files into the folder.  You will want to rename the existing Quotes files in the original database Templates folder first (ex: add '.old' to the end of the name).

Greg Martin
Sage

Thank you for the response.

I did try and do what you suggested. I copied and pasted the new file into the old file. However the "Quote" tab in the opportunity list did not allow me to tie the products into the actual Quote. So I tried to delete the "old" quote and use the "new" quote (that I copied into the file) but it now says "file not found" when I click on that opportunity quote tab.

I am having a complicated problem. Can you help me?

- John

If ACT! was open at the time the files were replace, I would close ACT! and reopen it and test.  To force ACT! to review the list of files available.

If you still get the 'file not found' message, double check the names of the files.  It is specifically looking for both: 'Quote.adt' and 'Quote.xlt'.

Greg Martin
Sage

Excellent!

I got the file to find the correct path and open up. NOW  i am back to the problem of the quote tab not putting the products I have in the actual Quote or allowing me to access the quote like it was an excel spreadsheet.

Please help again.

Thank you

John