Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Write Letter related task option in act 2011

Master Commentator

Write Letter related task option in act 2011

Hello,

When I selected this option in the contacts detail view, I was expecting to see a template with a return address in the upper right corner of the document, like it was in act 2010. The document that opens in act 2011 is a template but it has less features then in the previous version. I'm wondering what happened tot the original template, which I don't know the file name of and whether or not it is included with act 2011. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Tracy

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Write Letter related task option in act 2011

Hi Tracy,

I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure the letter template in ACT! 2011 (I just tried it out) is the same as the default one in ACT! 2010.  Is it possible that you customized your letter template in ACT! 2010?  I don't remember a return address, or anything else, being on the upper right.

If you did customize a template in a previous version, upgrading would not change that, unless you are now using a different database.  If you had a customized template in a different database, locate that database and then go into the ABC-databasefiles\Templates folder (where ABC is the name of your database) and copy the Letter.adt file into the Templates folder where you want to use it.

Best regards,

Len

Len Kamerman
ACT! Certified Consultant

Act E-mail Marketing Trainining Course:

http://actsoftware.training
Master Commentator

Hi Len,

I did not customize the template.  It was one that came with the ACT! demo database, which is what I'm using now for testing purposes. The template in the 2010 version has a logo on the left and the return address in the upper right is in new york.

I will look for the letter template file in 2011 demo database and post back what I find.

Thank you

Master Commentator

Hi Len,

I finally figured it out. The template that I am referring to with the logo is only available when using the demo layout in the demo database.

Thank you
Tracy