Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wow to set up Gmail in ACT! PRO 2012?

Copper Contributor

Wow to set up Gmail in ACT! PRO 2012?

I have Sage ACT! Pro 2012 Version 14.1.108.0

I spoke by telephone to ACT! sales and the salesman spoke to an engineer there who told me that my version of ACT! can be set up to work with Gmail.  

Under email preferences I only see the Outlook option however.

How can I set up my version of ACT! to work with Gmail so that I can use that for mail merge?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Re: Wow to set up Gmail in ACT! PRO 2012?

Unfortunately, Gmail cannot be set up for mailmerge. It can only be used to synchronize contacts and calendar and to record history.

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com
Copper Contributor

Thank you, Elise.

I am stunned at this bit of news however.

Any hint as to when ACT! will treat the mail merge as important as I suspect most businesses do?

This seems like an enormous disonnect from gthe needs and desires of the customers.

I really am surprised.

But thank you for not having me spin my wheels on this issue.

It is looking increasingly as though I will need to migrate my businesss database elsewhere to do basic business since my Comcasr ISP doesn't want to use port 100 and ACT! doesn't seem to want to bother to make any other ports available for mail merge.

Oh well.

Time to go shopping I guess.

me too smithid (and i've been using ACT since ACT2)

gregory

Copper Contributor

Hi Gregory,

I resolved this problem by changing my ISP to CenturyLink when they offered fiber optic connection.  No problem using port 100 there for me at least.

I have also upgraded to the current version of ACT! though that was after the fact and was not necessary to get my mail merge to work once again.

awfully decent of you to reply - i have the free demo version of ACT 17 and though i have been using ACT since ACT2 - i hate it that they dont help out much now that i need some support - thanks