Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Workaround for the picture alignment options problem in a report, automatic picture resize.

Workaround for the picture alignment options problem in a report, automatic picture resize.

[ Edited ]

Hi! I just wanted to share a solution I found to automatically resize a picture size in a report. 

While reading online I found that the correct Picture Alignment setting would be "Zoom" or "Stretch", but the option wasn't selectable since it was always going back to Left Top. That was me off. I hope Sage will fix that in the next update.

I found out that you could manually edit the XML of the .REP file to make it work. Here's how to make it work:

1. Using the report editor, choose a random option for picture alignment. That will make the option tag in the XML file. Using the default one will not display the tag.
  2. Open the correct report file in a text editor and search for your picture field using its name. 
  3. Find the tag that looks like that <PictureAlign>some number</PictureAlign> 
  4. Replace it with <PictureAlign>10</PictureAlign> 
  5. Save and run the report.
  6. ???
  7. Profit! 

NOTE: If you open the report in Act's editor, the option will be set back to Left Top. Saving it will overwrite your manual change. Every time you will save the report using the editor, you'll have to re-edit the file manually to make it right, since it cannot be set as such. 

Ps. My first language is not english, don't be rude if I made some mistakes!