Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Word processor dropping out

Word processor dropping out

ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0, Hotfix 1 is my version.  I earlier posted a thread on this topic and did believe that my rpoblem had been fixed by installing V 11.1  However, it has not.  Furher, Sage Support are telling me that I must buy into the paid-for support even though I have had this software for several months short of one year and the problem looks very much like a bug to me.  As a retired guy, I am reluctant to buy into support when in some 18 years of the use of various versions of ACT I have never, ever required professional support - I can handle most problems myself.

I would like to hear from anyone else suffering this irritating problem.  It occurs whilst typing characters into a letter or now, even into a Contact Screen.  The first couple of characters will go down on to the page but then nothing else despite typing away.  If I constantly "nail" the cursor to the page I can eventually get the characters to go down on to the page normally.  I am using the ACT word processor as I do not have Word.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Word processor dropping out

I've not heard of that problem with ACT! before. What happening is screen focus is being lost to some other program, most likely running in the background. If you haven't recently, scan you system for spyware. I would be the most concerned about the possibility of a keystroke logger.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: Word processor dropping out

I know that it is about 2 years since I raised this issue but it persists.  However, I built a wholly new PC in January 2011and I mean new.  Nothing whatsoever remained from my earlier machine.  I also moved to using Windows 7.  The only consistent feature is the software I use so I am inclined to think that it is not a key logger (I have used Kaspersky Internet Security for years too.)  It is not too much of a problem as I rarely need to write letters these days.  The dropping out occurs most frustratingly when I add a new contact to my database.  It will drop out after the first couple of letters of the contacts name!!!  The drop out does not occur in any other application. e.g. any browser, CorelDraw, Office 2010

I am posting this in the hope that SAGE may eventually figure out what needs to be done and as I say, in retirement it doesn't amount to much of an issue for me.