Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Word only save as .doc not .docx

Word only save as .doc not .docx

I am using ACT v18, with all current updates, and Word 2016, all on W10. All was fine until sometime recently .....

All of a sudden when I write a letter from ACT, it opens perfectly fine in Word. When I go to save it, it gives me all the options, .doc, .txt, .docx, etc. However if I try to save it as a .docx it just ignores me. No error message or anything, it just doesn't save the document.

I can save it perfectly well as a .doc. From this I cannot save as a .docx but I can close the .doc and then open it and then save it as a .docx.

No settings recently changed, and the same problem occurs on five different machines. Word on its own opens and blank template and saves it down as a .docx, it's just when liaising with ACT there is a problem.

Not sure where the problem lies, but it's odd! Any suggestions appreciated.

Regards

Alison Hooper

Administrator

Re: Word only save as .doc not .docx

[ Edited ]

How strange.

I'm not able to replicate this issue on test machines running Act v18.1, Word 2016 and W10 or W7.

It's worth noting, I also receive the following dialog in Word when attempting to save a template as a .docx file. I'm assuming you do not see this dialog?

WINWORD_2016-06-21_10-37-21.png

Perhaps this message and it's "Do not ask me again" checkbox has something to do with the odd behaviour you're experiencing?

Please can you try the suggested steps in the following Knowledgebase article, under the section titled "The Act! add-in is being blocked by Outlook Macro Security": http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23022/

I actually found a solution, as one machine did no have the problem. It was the COM add-in for the ACT tabs. Having deleted these it now is all okay.

Thanks

Hello, we are currently having the same issue for only one of our ACT! users. Can you go into more detail on how you resolved this issue? Did you just disable the COM Add-in for ACT! tabs and then open the ACT! database again and they issue was gone?

Thank you very much in advance!