Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Word 2003 and Act 2009

Word 2003 and Act 2009

Hello, I'm a brand new user to ACT 2009. I would like to use Word 2003 as my word processor but I'm having real problems getting ACT to integrate. When attempting to write a letter to a contact using Word I get the following error message

'Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.ApplicationClass' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word_Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00020970-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

I would realy like to get to work. HELP!!!

Re: Word 2003 and Act 2009

Try running a detect and repair from Word (Help > Detect and Repair...).

Re: Word 2003 and Act 2009

Thanks David for your response,

Unfortunately that has not worked entirely. I can now open most of the templates that came with the program however I can not make changes to them and save them in the "adt." format.  This is because when prompted to "save as" .adt is not an option.  I have also gone as far as to uninstall word completely and re-install.  That too did not work. 

I am now receiving a new message that reads:

Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED))

It appears I have a combination of things occuring.  I think the above error message means that a few of the templates are missing.  If that is true that is not a problem because ultimately I won't be using any of the supplied templates anyway.  At this point my cheif concern is to be able to create my own templates for the documents that I use most often. Any other suggestions?Thanks

Word 2003 and Act 2012 - When I attempt to Write, Other Document from Template or edit an .ADT or I still get the error below:

Thanks David,

That did not resolve my issue of opening .ADT files however it did fix a couple other problems in MS Word 2003.

When I attempt to Write, Other Document from Template or edit an .ADT or I still get the error below: 

Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.ApplicationClass'

Any other thoughts?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Word 2003 and Act 2012 - When I attempt to Write, Other Document from Template or edit an .ADT or I still get the error below:

Hello MartyAddison,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Here is an article with several options and should resolve your issue: KB Article 21040

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Word 2003 and Act 2012 - When I attempt to Write, Other Document from Template or edit an .ADT or I still get the error below:

[ Edited ]

Hi Greg,

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.

I tried KB Article 21040 as you suggested.

Method 1, was not possible because in Step 3, I could not locate:  Microsoft Office 2007 Primary Interop Assemblies.

Method 2, could not find any Normal.dot files on my system.

On Method 3, Step 5, my system did NOT have the "Microsoft.Office.Interopt.Word" Assembly.

And Step 10. Locate Policy.11.Microsoft.Office.Interopt.Word Assembly. I did not have this entry either.

So now, I have uninstalled MS Office 2003 and ACT v14 and I am stuck!!!

Do you have any suggestions?

Please replay ASAP!!!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Marty,
At this point, you will need to reinstall Office 2003 and ensure it is properly registered and has the latest updates applied. Then reinstall ACT!.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.