Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Won't update-Administrator access

Accepted Solution Solved
Skilled Commentator
Accepted Solution

Won't update-Administrator access

I'm running 20.0.159.0, Update 5 on Windows 10. I have not found anything recent on this but tried what I found on years old posts. I'm getting a prompt for an update and when I click it, I get the run as Administrator warning. I have tried every way to get the Administrator access that I found and turned the User Controls all the way down. I am still getting the issue. Is there a link in support where I can just download the update? Are there settings in V20 that need to be done? Please advise. It's important to me to keep up on updates so this is annoying. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author mistilayne
‎02-23-2018 09:49 AM
Employee

Re: Won't update-Administrator access

update links:

https://www.act.com/resources/downloads/act!-pro-v20-downloads?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_...

Also make sure right clicking the Act! icon on desktop and selecting Run as administrator.

Second, check Manage users in the Tools menu of Act! that all options are on.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Whats the exact error you're getting?
Skilled Commentator

You do not have permission to download the updates. You must run Act! as an Administrator.

I am.
Solution
Accepted by topic author mistilayne
‎02-23-2018 09:49 AM
Employee

update links:

https://www.act.com/resources/downloads/act!-pro-v20-downloads?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_...

Also make sure right clicking the Act! icon on desktop and selecting Run as administrator.

Second, check Manage users in the Tools menu of Act! that all options are on.

Skilled Commentator

Thanks will check. Yes I'e done the icon although I don't normally have the icon on the desk. All options are and have been on.
Skilled Commentator

Updated perfectly. Perhaps ACT can send out an email for updates as well> This is not a new problem at all for me as previous versions I had the same issue and am ALWAYS the admin.