Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Won't add to lookup ACT Premium 2006

Won't add to lookup ACT Premium 2006

Every now and then when we are doing a lookup when we go to add to look up the only available choice is replace look up. I'm not sure why and I would love to be able to fix this. Thanks.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Won't add to lookup ACT Premium 2006

In order to have the Add and Narrow options, you have to stay within the scope of the original Lookup.  For instance if you do a Contact lookup and then a Company lookup, the lookup is reset and you won't have the Narrow or Add options.  Or if highlight a group of contacts in a Lookup and choose to Omit or Lookup Selected, this also creates a new lookup and resets.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank you. Can you please elaborate what you mean by stay within the scope of the original lookup. The problem we had occurred with some custom fields we added. They are in several different tabs that we added also. It does not happen all the time, so it may be the order we are doing the lookup in. If I understand the scope issue, maybe that will help us do the lookups more logically.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Staying within the scope basically means you do your lookup refinements off the same contact list.  So if you do a lookup for a particular State, then narrow that list by zip code, then add another State, etc.  Usually if you are doing a search based on multiple field criteria, it is actually best to use an Advanced Query.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.