Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wireless Sync to WM6.1

Copper Contributor

Wireless Sync to WM6.1

I did some searches on the forum and I have to admit I'm a bit confused. I recently upgraded from ver6.0 to ver 11.0, in between I was using Outlook/Exchange combo. Well I need (love) the wireless syncing to my WM6.1 phone that exchange allows. But it seems that in reading though the forum that ACT cannot sync wirelessly without a 3rd party app installed and an annual cost?!!

I'd be willing to automatically sync to Outlook and then sync to the phone but it seems that is not possible either? Though I'd prefer a cleaner (less chance for curroption) option. I don't need the cutom fields to sync just the basic contact fields and the calendar.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Wireless Sync to WM6.1

At this time, Handheld Contact is the way to do this.

The reason for the annual costs is that I wireless sync involves the setting up of servers... and as most users don't have that capability, using a third-party secure sync-server is the way to go

Copper Contributor

Thanks Mike, but if I just want the basics - shared contacts and several user's calendars - I don't understand why I can't just enable 2-way sync between Outlook and ACT. I'm hoping that this 2-way sync works better than it did in version 6. Especially if ACT relies on Outlook for emailing, are there legal reasons why ACT take advantage of the Exchange's features? Thanks again.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Sync'ing calendars via Outlook or to a phone's application will always cause problems.

Outlook does support the range of field typs and has no way to directly link the activities to the contacts.

Outlook does a great job for emailing, and ACT! uses this well. I don't know what you mean by  "are there legal reasons why ACT take advantage of the Exchange's features"?

What "Exchange Features"?