Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Windows xp 64 bit is not supported Act v16

Windows xp 64 bit is not supported Act v16

Installing a trial version of act v16 shouldn't be this difficult.  Act Customer support was worthless.  Any suggestions???

Bronze Contributor

Re: Windows xp 64 bit is not supported Act v16

Since XP is coming to an end on April 8th, have you given consideration to using Windows 7 or 8?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I AM actually using windows 8.1 on a relatively new computer.  That is part of my quandry - why am I getting that message during the install?

Tom

801-796-9560

Platinum Elite Contributor

I can think of a couple of possibilities. Are you by any chance running Windows 8.1 in XP compatibility? The second possibility is less friendly, did Windows 8.1 come preinstalled on the computer? If so it's possible that the Windows 8.1 install in corrupted. Manufacturers typically image the hard drive rather than do an actual install which can lead to operating system corruption.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Well Roy, we've quickly gone over my tech head. I have no idea how to determine whether I am running in xp compatibility mode. 8.1 did not come pre-installed on my machine though.
Platinum Elite Contributor

If you didn't set XP compatibility mode I doubt that you're running that. If you installed Windows 8.1 you should be able to use the medai to do a repair install. I would try that.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

If you haven't found a way around this error already, the following knowledgebase article should help you:

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28607

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com