Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Windows blue screen

Windows blue screen

We upgraded our Act from v6 to 2009 in Dec.  Since then, we have 3 computers (all MPC's purchased two years ago) that are continually crashing to blue screens.  Our IT guy is trying to diagnose a problem in the hardware, but I'm wondering if the installation of ACT 2009 may have caused a conflict somewhere since that is the only common change in the three computers at the time the issues started.

Has anyone else had or heard of this issue with ACT?  Or is it truly a coinsidence?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Windows blue screen

The blue screen can be caused by an incorrectly installed application, which may or may not be ACT!.  If you want to see if the issue is with ACT!, then remove the program from one of the computers for a day or two and see if the blue screen error occurs.

I would advise having your IT professional uninstall .NET, ACT! and SQL from the machines, reboot and then reinstall all 3 applications using the ACT! disk (or download).  When uninstalling ACT!, the best tool to use is the ACT! Uninstaller, which can be found as file attachment in the following Knowledgebase Article:

How to Use the ACT! Uninstaller.exe file

Also, after uninstalling .NET, it would be a good idea to download and use the .NET Cleanup Tool, which you can find on Microsoft's website.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I have also a serious blue screen problem with a new HP server computer installed with Windows 2008 server 64bit system. Act 2009 Premium is installed on the machine and sharing database,

We have inspected the machine carefully and HP thinks the Act2009  is responsible for the blue screen .

(0x0000009F DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE)

Is Act 2009 Premium working on 64bit systems?

Have you experience on blue screens?

Do you think, Act is causing blue screen?

Platinum Elite Contributor

ACT! 2009 is supported with Server 2008 and 64-bit. The blue screen can be caused by an incorrectly installed application or may be something more serious. If you uninstall ACT! from the server, does the problem go away? Also, what version of SQL Server do have installed (2003, 2008, Express, Standard)?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

ghollister wrote:
ACT! 2009 is supported with Server 2008 and 64-bit. The blue screen can be caused by an incorrectly installed application or may be something more serious. If you uninstall ACT! from the server, does the problem go away? Also, what version of SQL Server do have installed (2003, 2008, Express, Standard)?

I will uninstall it later and will tell you the results. I can't do it now, because everybody is using it. I checked the server and Act is using SQL server 2005. It does not say if it is standard or express. I guess it is standard (not express).  From config manager I can see service: SQL server (ACT 7). Network and client config is 32bit.