Windows 7 and Act 2009!

Windows 7 and Act 2009!

Will it work on Windows 7 32bit?

Will it work Windows 7 64 bit?

If not what di Ineed to do?

Thanks,

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Windows 7 and Act 2009!

We are currently in the process of testing the current versions of ACT! on the new Windows 7 operating system. Should we find there are no issues related to the operating system, we will update the software system requirements. Thus far, our initial testing and feedback from our customers have not shown any compatibility issues related to the Windows 7 O/S. Please stay tuned to this Community for any announcements regarding ACT! and Windows 7 compatibility.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

But there are compatibility issues.

I just upgraded my main work PC from Xp to Win 7 and when I tried to re-install ACT 9.0 (2007) I got a compatibility error:

"compatibility issue - after SQL server setup completes, you must apply SQL server 2005 SP3 or a later service pack before you run SQL server 2005 on this version of windows"

The installation proceeded but I cannot open/use ACT.  As of right now, we cannot access any of our client information in our ACT databases.  NOT good.

BTW...I have software that is significantly older that ACT 9.0 that intalled and works just fine in Win 7.  

ACT! 2007 was not compatible with Vista and Windows 7 is built on Vista. 
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I've never used Vista so I did not know that.

Funny thing about this is that I've been running the Win 7 RC since it was released like 4-5 months ago and ACT 9.0 installed and worked with no issues with that build.

It seems from the reply posted by the moderator on this thread that sage is in fact testing win 7  and ACT 9.0 - let's hope they have that working with the final working release of Win 7.

No, they are testing the current version of ACT! 2010 on Windows 7.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Elite Contributor

For those that would like more information regarding ACT! 9.0 (2007) and Vista should have a look at

KB# 20178

The items mentioned will most likely also apply to Windows 7 as well.

I upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista yesterday and now my ACT 2009 does not function at all and I cannot access my ACT database (critical to my business). This is highly disturbing as I just purchased ACT 2009 two months ago. Also, the Windows diagnostic for software compatability prior to the upgrade did not flag ACT at all as uncompatible. If it did (as it did with some useless game programs) I would surely have not proceeded with the Windows 7 upgrade.

ACT is the only major program on my PC that did not seamlessly work on Windows 7. The SAGE phone rep kindly offered to sell me a $130 download of ACT 2010 as a ransom to access my business contacts I am now locked out of. How nice....

Hello,

When you try to open your ACT! database, are you receiving a particular message? The more information you choose to provide, the better the Community can assist you. The first thing I would check is to make sure the SQL service is started:

- In the Search box on your Start menu, type services.msc

- When the list of services comes up, look for SQL Server (ACT7)

- If the Status of this service is not "Started", then right-click on the service and select Start. If the service is started, then right-click and select Restart.

- Then see if you can open your database

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

SUCCESS!!!!  Got the database to open. Thanks so much!!