07-16-2010 09:09 AM
I have ACT 2010 premium.
When I tried to install ACT on a window7 machine, I got this weird error.
"Your XP machine does not have service pack 3 applied. Window XP Service Pack 3 is a minimum requirement to continue the ACT! installation."
Since I am using an window 7 machine, why am I getting this error? I know I have a virtual machine installed with XP mode. But, that's not even enabled. Even if it is, the xp mode is using window xp sp3.
07-16-2010 09:49 AM
Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. I'm sorry to hear about the installation issue you are experiencing with ACT! 2010. In regards to this issue, first try the solution in Knowledgebase Article 26077.
If this does not resolve, then try this:
- Use Windows Explorer to browse your ACT! installation DVD or download file
- If using a DVD, then create a new folder on the root of your C: drive called "ACT2010Install" and copy the entire contents of the DVD to this folder.
- In the installation files, browse to the Dependencies folder, open it and locate the PreReq folder
- Rename this folder to PreReqOLD - this should bypass the system checker
- Run the modified ACT! 2010 installation (setup.exe) from the download file or the "ACT2010Install" file
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.