Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Windows 10 update and Act!

Re: Windows 10 update and Act!

Hi Brittney - have you received feedback from the tech folks yet regarding this issue with ACT and Google integration?  I am concerned that ACT V17 offers this feature, yet, it does not work correctly.  Your prompted response is much appreciated.

Thank you

Ron

Administrator

Hi rgaynor,

Your question would be better suited in this thread on the subject of Google integration.

Skilled Commentator

Just installed the latest Windows 10 update (a big one release yesterday) and the Documents Tab and opening the attached documents are now working! No thanks to the ACT team.

Administrator

What version of Act! are you seeing this resolved in?

Thanks Gary for the redirect!

Skilled Commentator

Act! Premium Version 16.3.11.0

I have that exact same issue, did anyone help you fix it?  If I can't get the SQL Server running, I basically lose my database, right?

Administrator

ajleibham@hotmail.com wrote:

I have that exact same issue, did anyone help you fix it?  If I can't get the SQL Server running, I basically lose my database, right?

What is the exact issue you are seeing here? It would probably be easier to make a new thread.

So Stan, 

Unfortunately I needed to replace my laptop.  I have Act! pro v17 running on my old one which was upgraded to windows 10.

However, my new computer with windows 10 pre-installed does not allow the v17 app to install.

In speaking with Swiftpage, they did not develop a fix to permit this install, since they would prefer one pay $200 for the v18 upgrade.

Has anyone out there developed a patch for the install app to resolve the issue and allow someone to keep their v17 program?

thanks for reply.

Miles

Administrator

Hi Miles,

What exactly is the problem you are facing with installing Act! v17 on Windows 10. This is a supported operating system for that version of Windows.
Please post any error messages you are receiving when attempting to install Act!
You can find the full compatibility listings here: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29767