Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Windows 10 text size incombatibility

Windows 10 text size incombatibility

Have been waiting for a fix or a workaround for this, but it looks like Act Pro 17 is going to be retired with no resolution to this incompatibility issue.

When I used the feature in Windows to increase text size by 150%, it doesn't adjust all the text in Act. Some of the text is increased, and some is still the normal size.

I am using a 4k monitor with a resolution of 3840 x 2160

Has anyone found a workaround for this problem?

Re: Windows 10 text size incombatibility

Hi Aymes,

I do know that we had released some fixes in v18 and v19, we do still appear to have issues with high resolution displays.

I have included our article for best practices in case you were not aware of it as it may have some steps that will assist.

KB 38200 - What are the best practices for using Act! with large Dots Per Inch (DPI) settings on com...

I do know there was an addin which was developed by a 3rd party that may help however I have not had any experience with it myself.

Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Following on from Dan -

Here is a link to previous Forum on this subject and a link to the free add-on.

Hope this helps.

Link directly to add-on -

http://www.impactact.com/FreeACTAddons.aspx

Previous Forum item -

https://community.act.com/t5/Act/DPI-Fix/td-p/316466

Thanks for the quick reply.
Administrator

Hi Aymes,

As Dan mentioned, there were some changes made in Act! v18 and later than helped many customers with high DPI displays use Act!. There can still be some issues, but for the most part, these are not major. I'd recommend upgrading your version of Act! to take advantage of these changes.

Is is possible to apply one of the changes that was included in v18 and newer to address this, to earlier versions of Act!.

Check out the third-party utility posted here if you'd like to try it.