Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Windows 10 compatibility

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Windows 10 compatibility

Hi Philippe,

Thanks for letting me know. I'll feed back that we need to check what effect the compatibility test has on Act! and it's settings.

The only thing I can think of that might have happened is that if Windows detected Act! was not compatible it may have tried to apply some compatibility settings that have now broken the program.

Right click on Act!'s icon and go to its Properties, then to the Compatibility tab. Have any of the settings here got a check mark against them? If so, remove all check marks and try Act! again.

Everyone please be aware that no current version of Act! is listed as compatible with Windows 10. Act! v18 will be the first fully tested and officially compatible version later this year.

Act! v17 has passed initial certification but is not listed as compatible yet.

Act! v16 and below will not likely receive Windows 10 support.

While we're pleased to see that everyone is as excited by Windows 10 as we are, please take care when updating business critical systems with a bleeding edge OS.

Kindest regards,

Sam.

Unfortunately I no longer work for Swiftpage International. Please do not send any queries to this account.
Highlighted

I'm running that version and recommend you do not upgrade for now. Among numerous Act! related problems, Act! will no longer recognise Microsoft Outlook ... email and calendar syncing out of the question.
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

@SaxtonRS wrote:
I'm running that version and recommend you do not upgrade for now. Among numerous Act! related problems, Act! will no longer recognise Microsoft Outlook ... email and calendar syncing out of the question.

Hi,

This is not an issue that I have heard of or can replicate. Act! v17.2 recognises Outlook 2013 when I test it here.

What version of both Act! and Office are you using?

When you go to Tools > Preferences > E-mail & Outlook Sync > E-mail System Setup is Microsoft Outlook listed at all?

There are some steps to fix this that you may try:

First I would recommend closing both Act! and Outlook and then browsing to the Act! installation directory, typically this is C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\ACT For Windows

Run the program called Act.Outlook.Repair.exe and then try the e-mail setup again.

Failing this please refer to the following KB:

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1442

Unfortunately beyond these steps I would currently be unable to offer any further support.

Kindest regards,

Sam.

Unfortunately I no longer work for Swiftpage International. Please do not send any queries to this account.
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Sam,

I have a client who recently upgraded to Windows 10. She has ACT Pro 17.2 on a local C drive. She is the only user and the DB is not shared.

This is her issue:

1. Open ACT
2. Lookup a contact with an attachment under Documents tab
3. Expected behavior: click on attached document and it opens, or attach a document and it attaches and open upon click.
4. Actual behavior: ACT prompts: "ACT has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close program & notify you if a solution is available"

Any suggestions?

Best Regards,
Terry Williams
TMW Consulting
Sacramento, CA
tmwilli@tmwconsulting.net
916 396-4302
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Hi Terry,

We are aware of this issue and it is under investigation as a matter of priority. There is no workaround at this time.

We are planning to make an announcement regarding Windows 10 compatibility soon, although I don't have anything to share right now.

Watch this space.

Kind regards,

Sam.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I have ACT Pro 2013 working under Windows 10.  So far I haven't noticed any problems except that on exit I get an error message sayiong "object reference not set to an instance of an object."  seems to be a harmless error.  Sales wants me to upgrade but I am reluctant to do so until it is known that the current version doesn't have more windows 10 issues than what Ihave now.  

Also, I'm really unhappy with software as a service pricing.  I've been using Act! for about 25 years and I don't think you've added a bit of new functionality in the last 15 years that I use other than installing properly in newer versions of windows.  Version 6 had everything I need. For that matter the ancient Conductor Software product had everything I need today except for the ability to run on a modern 64 bit computer.  If I have to pay you every month, I expect the product to be evolving.

Highlighted

We are running ACT Pro Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3.  Runs fine in Windows 7, 8, & 8.1.  

Just migrated 2 machines to Windows 10.  We cannot add attachments to history.  ACT aborts and needs to be restarted.

Help!

Mike

Highlighted

Getting the same error in Windows 10.  

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Hi Mike,

This is the same as the error mentioned in my previous post. It is currently under investigation as a matter of priority. Unfortunately there is no workaround.

Kind regards,

Sam.

Highlighted

I tried a number of the suggestions I saw posted on the bulletin board ... none worked successfully.  I then ran the program to revert to Windows 7 ... and that triggered a new set of problems with Act! 17.1.169.0 Hot Fox 3.  So, I decided to go with the nuclear option and return my PC to its ex-factory settings and do a full rebuild.  I'm in the process of that.  Hopefully, a system unencumbered by whatever has built up over the years will make the transition more successfully.

Thanks for our earlier suggestions.