Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Windows 10 compatibility

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Windows 10 compatibility

[ Edited ]

Win 10 Type: In-line Upgrade

Previous vs: Win 8.1 (can't remember build but most recent post wus update)

Current Build: 10.0 (10240)

<edit>

CPU: Intel Haswell (6 core)

RAM: 32GB

</edit>

Only real issues I had was Win 10 didn't apply the correct inherit permissions down setting for C:\User folders so openign any dB had permissions failure. After manually forcing it through everythign was OK.

Second set of issues are minor: Starting Act! always brings up the fill phone info dialog and on exiting get an null ref error "Object not set ....". Reset prefs no fix. I should set debugging to verbose, but at the moment I'm treating it as fairly minor non-intrusive issues.

My personal feelings on all this is that most of the issues are due to environmental errors and not due to Act!. The only thing that could cause problems is SQL Server 2008R2 which is a bit legacy now, so am interested to hear of any vanilla 17.1 installs with SQL 2014. Act! is on .Net 4.x framework so except for some legacy components (.NET 2.x) I would have been surprised to see conflict in Win 10. I think the only real Achiles ankle is Protexis.

Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Vivek,

You might want to check this article for the phone dialog issue if you haven't already, I assume it's the same cause and fix:

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33802

The "object reference" one is a little harder as you'll know how generic that error is.

If you've reset the preferences already, the next thing to try is to disable all addons (including ours) through Tools > Manage Add-ons if you have any.

Past this you're right that I'd need to see the Windows and Act! logs, and possibly remove/reinstall Act! for good measure.

I think you're spot on that it's environmental as we haven't reported these issues ourselves, unfortunately this makes it really difficult to nail down exactly what's wrong in most cases.

I should have specified to provide the Act! build so I'll go and edit my other post.

Thanks!

Sam.

Unfortunately I no longer work for Swiftpage International. Please do not send any queries to this account.
Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Ahh cool thanks for that, I had forgotten about that kb. Yeah, I most probably should just do a re-install.
Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I get the same but only when I open outlook before act and you should open act as an administrator

philippe

Highlighted

Anyone have problems opening a document? Every time it crashes ACT.

Act! Premium Version 17.2.217.0
English (United States)

Windows 10 Home

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

@LarryL wrote:

Anyone have problems opening a document? Every time it crashes ACT.

Act! Premium Version 17.2.217.0
English (United States)

Windows 10 Home

Hi Larry,

We've had one or two reports of this happening, but it's not something that we are able to replicate ourselves right now.

Can you confirm what version of Microsoft Office you are using?

Was your Windows 10 installation an upgrade or a fresh install? If it was an upgrade, what was the prior Windows version?

Do you get an error when Act! crashes?

I'm trying to feed back as much information to our developers as possible so that we can look to resolve this, so the more information everyone can provide the better.

Kind regards,

Sam.

Unfortunately I no longer work for Swiftpage International. Please do not send any queries to this account.
Highlighted

Can you confirm what version of Microsoft Office you are using? Office 2010 Version: 14.0.7153.5000 (32-bit)

Was your Windows 10 installation an upgrade or a fresh install? Upgrade

If it was an upgrade, what was the prior Windows version? 8.1

Do you get an error when Act! crashes?  ACT! has stopped working / A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the extra information.

After initial testing we believe this is a known issue in Act! v17 no matter which Office version you're using. This is not 100% confirmed and is still under investigation. I will keep you updated with further information once I have it.

Kindest regards,

Sam.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Dear Sam , I get the window 4 days ago, and I have the same problem when I want to attache document to contact, The first time I tried I get the following message. "THE RPC server is unavailable (EXCEPTION HRESULT: 0x8007063A" but it never appear again.

ACT stop working at different action time to time I can go up to  the selection of file name, next time when I click document it already stop working, ALways the same message

PS ACT premium version 17.2.217.0 window 10 version 10.0.10240 build 10240

Best regrads

Philippe

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Dear Sam,,

When I try to use act template mergin with word I have the following error;

Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft. office.Interop.Word.ApplicationClass' to interface type'microsoft.office.interop.word._Appication' This operation failed because the queryInterface call on the COM component for the interface ID"(ooo20970-0000-0000-c000-00000000046') The RPC server is unnavailable ..... same as reported before

My Office is Microsoft office home & business 2013 version 15.0.4737.1003

hope it helps

regards

Philippe