Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Windows 10 compatibility

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Windows 10 compatibility - get your act together

Hi, 

I just updated to newest version. I hope it will work today on Windows10. I am told by sales people it will. 

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Windows 10 compatibility

Sorry can anybody help me? I have an issue with my ACT v16 version after upgrade to windows 10: When I try to open an existing database this message appears: "The database xxxx can not be accesed. In order to acces this database check your network connection and verify that your database server is available. It may be neccessary to disable any firewall software in your computer or the server".

However when I try to create a new database the software works fine; it seems is not a problem with firewall, in fact I have disabled it.

Do you know the way to fix it?

Thank you very much.

Regards

Highlighted

Is the existing Database shared across a Network?

Try this article if so.

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13878/

Andrew
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thank you for your answer but I'm afraid isn't shared into a netwok; it is installed in an unique computer.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

In fact this issue affect to all the databases (including ACT Demo database) created before the upgrade to windows 10,

Thank you for your help again.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

And when I try to import the existing database to a new database this message appears:

"Failed to open a connection to database"

Thanks again

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

I know this may sound obvious, so apologies if you've tried this already, but have you restarted the PC since you upgraded? It must be a restart, not a shut down and then on. We had the same issue when people upgraded to Windows 8.1 and it was caused by hybrid sleep. A restart (again, not a shut down and and on) fixed it for most people.

Alternatively you may try pressing Windows Key + R to show the Run prompt, type in services.msc and find SQL Server (ACT7) and restart it.

If you're still experiencing trouble after trying both of these steps then let us know.

Unfortunately I no longer work for Swiftpage International. Please do not send any queries to this account.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Don't worry Mr Raikes, any sugestions are welcome. I have restarted the SQL Server ACT7 and works !!!! Thank you very much and, of course, thanks to all people in this forum.

Best regards

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I'm running 64b Windows 10 with Act! Pro Version 17.1.169.0 on a Dell Latitude E6430. Since upgrading to Win10, I have to manually start SQL(ACT). Once this is done things seem to work fine.

Is there any solutions that would not require me to manually start the SQL?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Try this: in services.msc find SQL Server (ACT7) and change properties "start type" to automatic.

Regards