Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Windows 10 and ACT17

Copper Contributor

Windows 10 and ACT17

Okay Sage -- it's been almost 4 months since Microsoft rolled out Windows 10. They have even released their first major update in the past week. ACT17 still has some issues (admittedly not fatal, but issues nonetheless). The base of the OS is stable and in use -- why is there no update? In fact, all I hear from Sage on the matter is crickets chirping -- no feedback on progress (is there any?); nothing. I've been using ACT! since 1993 and Windows 3.11 for Workgroups; this is the worst response I've seen to all the Microsoft OS changes since then. Please tell us something. Are you even working on an update to Ver 17, or will we just be required to upgrade to Ver. 18 when it is released?

Re: Windows 10 and ACT17

It's much worse for people on v16 because we can't even open activities with attachments without Act crashing.  By the way, Sage doesn't own Act anymore. 

Copper Contributor

Yeah -- meant Swiftpage. Too early???!!
Administrator

There are multiple threads on this subject already (1, 2, 3) with updates from Swiftpage on the status of compatibility. 

To summarise, Act! v17 will be updated with further Windows 10 fixes as the are developed.