Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Will using this SQL clash with the ACT! program?

Copper Contributor

Will using this SQL clash with the ACT! program?

I have Sage ACT! Pro 2012 Version 14.1.108.0, Hot Fix 7 on Windows 7.

I want to be able to build a WordPress website offline on my computer by downloading XAMPP for Windows which would include starting their SQL as explained here: https://managewp.com/how-to-create-a-local-wordpress-website-in-windows-with-xampp

My concern is whether this would in any way clash with the use of ACT! using SQL on my computer.

Can anyone tell me if this would interefere with ACT!?

Thank you!

Copper Contributor

Re: Will using this SQL clash with the ACT! program?

The XAMPP program uses "MySQL".  My concern is I do not want to see any clash with the SQL program used by ACT!

Can anyone suggest how I can find out if it will or won't?

Thank you.

Copper Contributor

I'd really appreciate some direction on this.  This is not an idle request.

It would be so much better to not crash/destroy my ACT! program by being able to know in advance if the SQL use by a different program might clash with the one that ACT! uses.

I would GUESS not since the one the other program uses is "MySQL" but the devil is in the details.

It would be a tremendous financial setback for me if my ACT! program ended up disabled as a consequence.

If no one here can help me can anyone possibly suggest where I can go to get that help?

I have used ACT! since it was first released in dos, prior to Windows, and was the reason I first obtained an IBM 286 desktop computer so many, many years ago.

I rely on this program to keep my businesses afloat.

HELP?!  Please??

Silver Super Contributor

MySQL and Microsoft SQL 2008 R2 can both be run on the same computer at the same time without interfering with one another.  Act! will work just fine in that scenario.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Copper Contributor

Thank you, Stan!

The SQL my ACT! program is using appears to be MSSQL10_50.ACT7 under the Program Files/ Microsoft SQL server file, unless I am very wrong.

Do you think that the MySQL will run without interference with that one?

I REALLY appreciate your taking the time to answer me on this!

THANK YOU!!  Smiley Happy

Silver Super Contributor

Yes.  They won't conflict with each other.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!