Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Will Sage Upgrade ACT! for Mac?

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Will Sage Upgrade ACT! for Mac?

As there is now increasing penetration of Mac into the PC world (albeit 9% only; it is up another 2% in 2007), we are seeing an increased usage of Macs in the non-creative side of the business community.  Right now programs such as Parallels or BootCamp run the versions of ACT! Fine, but there should be an increasiing market opportunity for direct Mac sales for Sage.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lstrader
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Will Sage Upgrade ACT! for Mac?

Because ACT! uses the Microsoft .NET framework and MSSQL, a true native version of ACT! for the MAC would require replacements for both of those. For the foreseeable future, I don't expect a native version of ACT! for the MAC.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lstrader
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Because ACT! uses the Microsoft .NET framework and MSSQL, a true native version of ACT! for the MAC would require replacements for both of those. For the foreseeable future, I don't expect a native version of ACT! for the MAC.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy -

Although not the answer I wanted, many thanks from a long-time ACT! user.

Leighton Strader

The Mac market continues to grow dramatically every year.  Plus, iPhone sales are booming with thousands of apps available for iPhone that complement and work with Mac OS X.  With this large increase in Apple products, now is the time for Act to return to the Mac.

There must be a way to write the code for OS X.  Even just dusting off the OS 9 version of Act 2.8 and upgrading it for OS X would be better than many of the other brands of contact management apps currently available for Mac.  This should bring many Mac user back to Act until the growing number of Mac users eventually justifies the expense of writing a native Mac version.

We in the Mac community are open to hearing some positive thoughts from Sage.

I certainly appreciate your response and your experience. I would like to say this: I have been an ACT user since DOS(!!!) and a recent convert to Mac. ACT is, was and will always be the best crm out there. Point taken that programming would be huge challenge but I thoroughly believe MAC is about to overtake Microsoft in the business market. Millions of dollars will be yours for the taking. The pent up demand is great and there are world markets to consider. I am having a terrible time finding ANY workable CRM for Mac. Plus Apple is doing at at least 25% of your marketing for you...just another voice in the chorus. Thank you for reading.

Re: Will Sage Upgrade ACT! For Mac? A Fix

I have used Act since about 1987 when Sullivan started it as Contact Manager.  Now I have switched everything to back but ACT and QuickBooks.  I have been using Parallels for eleven months. I have had one problem in windows - a .dll.  Gold support just told me that they would support 2012 in a Parallels Windows 7 virtual window.  The performance including dialing the telephone is as fast or faster than on a Windows only machine.  I am very satisfied with ACT on my MAC with Parallels.  AND ACT did not give one free or complimentary service for me detailing my experience!!