Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Will I regret using Internet Mail or Outlook Express for ACT???

Will I regret using Internet Mail or Outlook Express for ACT???

Hello, just getting started with Act 2009 Version 11. The sales people tell me that I can use ACT! for all my emailing without necessarily using Outlook with it. I've been using Outlook 2007 for my personal emails / calendar etc for some time and want to keep it that way. Totally separate business stuff from personal stuff. Will I regret using Outlook Express or Internet Mail for ACT's email needs? Seems like everyone has it hooked up to Outlook only.

I'd hoped that ACT would be able to stand alone, but apparently it needs to be associated with an email program.

Any input is appreciated! Thank you

Dan

Re: Will I regret using Internet Mail or Outlook Express for ACT???

I just found out that Outlook Express limits email formats to Plain Text only, so that won't work for me. How about Internet Mail??? Anyone out there using it that wishes they weren't???
PJ
Copper Contributor

I'm just starting up with it too. 

I'm using ACT email, and sent 1200 emails out in a mail merge and it coped ok.

Returned emails attached into history ok.

Now I'm trying to do html emails with subscription management etc so need something else

..getting alittle fedup...so far demo-ed TemplateZone, Swiftpages, currently looking at iContact

Good Luck

Penny

Thanks for info Penny. Are you using Outlook Express or Internet Mail? Im wondering if Internet Mail also restricts us to Plain Text?

Anyone else have any feedback here?

Bronze Contributor

While the ACT eMail client will work pretty well, you will want to use Outlook if you have Outlook in your life.  For example, my company uses Exchange and Outlook and I am a rogue user of ACT.  I used the ACT integration to Outlook for a while, but then I found CRM-Service.com and loaded their product ACT!EmailConnectProfessional. 

I do not work for them and do not receive any compensation.

So far, it has stepped up to the plate and handled mail merges and the filing of eMails from Outlook into ACT just fine. 

Hope this helps.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
PJ
Copper Contributor

Hi Dano, I'm using internet mail ie ACTs. Have you tried the "write template" it also has font options, My other mail is "Windows Live mail".For my main bulk of emailing I'll use an external template creator which you can use html easily on and send through ACT so the history is logged.Good Luck. Penny 

Copper Contributor

I asked a similar question here a while back.  Only got one response, I assume most people are just using Outlook.  Look here:

http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=ACT&message.id=22866#M22866