Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Will ACT's email integration problems with Outlook ever be fixed?

Administrator

Re: Will ACT's email integration problems with Outlook ever be fixed?

Hi Craig,

I'm sorry that you feel you've been let down by our support teams - we are able to find workable solutions for the vast majority of our customers who experience issues.

You're right that there's been a lot of issues with the latest builds of Office 2016 recently, these issues seem to affect each customer slightly differently, and have slightly different resolutions. In order for us to troubleshoot and find resolutions we do need as much information about the affected system as possible.

Our developers are working on releasing catch-all fixes that should prevent these issues cropping up in the first place. The next release - v20.1 will have a completely overhauled Office integration system designed to work seamlessly with the latest Office suite.

In the meantime, we'll work to help customers fix any issues they come across as best we can.
Copper Contributor

@JonTaylor wrote:
Hi Craig,

I'm sorry that you feel you've been let down by our support teams - we are able to find workable solutions for the vast majority of our customers who experience issues.

You're right that there's been a lot of issues with the latest builds of Office 2016 recently, these issues seem to affect each customer slightly differently, and have slightly different resolutions. In order for us to troubleshoot and find resolutions we do need as much information about the affected system as possible.

Our developers are working on releasing catch-all fixes that should prevent these issues cropping up in the first place. The next release - v20.1 will have a completely overhauled Office integration system designed to work seamlessly with the latest Office suite.

In the meantime, we'll work to help customers fix any issues they come across as best we can.

I can appreciate that these issues seem to affect each customer slightly differently, and have slightly different resolutions. But the fact remains that so many of us have had to struggle with this (and other possibly-related) issues for so long, costing of many hours in sub-optimal productivity from to having to use less efficient methods to accomplish what we need to, and what we expect from our product (for which we pay/have paid good money) to do.

What is the expected (realistic) timetable for this next release?  Q2? Q3?

Administrator

We're looking to release before the end of Q1, around March.

I understand how frustrating these issues have been, thanks for your patience.
Copper Contributor

Thank you, Jon

J G
Copper Contributor

I hope we don't have the same issues with office 2019 when it releases this year. Smiley WinkSmiley Wink

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

I won't hold my breath! We are always told the next release willl address this or that problem, and it rarely does. Can I get my money back if I pay to upgrade and the email integration still doesn't work? And yes, what happens when MS release their next version?

Here are my thoughts:

I'd like to see the add-in address the 4K resolution, as my add-in icons are miniscule. Can we have right click functionality to add contacts to Act, or look up a contact directly from Outlook? Can we choose which fields we want to fill in when the dialogue box opens (I need ID/Status). When the dialogue box opens, I want to copy and paste the details from the actual email - e.g. address - it only adds the name and email address automatically, then prevents me from accessing the original email. Thinking about it, it is actually not much use, I'm better off adding a new contact manually and then I can copy and paste all the required details in. One more thing, when I choose Attach to ACT contact, maybe the address book search facility could be a bit more flexible if I only know a first nameor company name, and show me all possible options, not just a surname search.

Yours in anticipation.....

Administrator

Hi Jupiter,

Those are all really great ideas, and really valuable feedback! I'll pass your comments on to the developers, and I'd also recommend considering posting the ideas above in our Share Your Ideas board here on the forum - that way, other users who agree with this sentiment will be able to up-vote it and support your ideas!