Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wierd error message that I cant find a reply to....

Wierd error message that I cant find a reply to....

Dear All.

I can no longer claim noob status as Greg has answered my first question (And thanks again Greg).

I am now getting an unusualk error that I have run by my Act consultant... with no luck.

The error is

Error: "Could not load file or assembly 'Act.Framework.Componen, Version=14.2.108.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa or one of its dependencies. The system cannot funds the file specified

My Act consultant suggested I uninstall ACT and SQL, then completely reinstall all components. This has been done on three (Yes, I believe in doing the same thing over and over in the hope of a different result) but surprise surprise, it has still got this error message appearing...

The message appears approx 90-120 seconds after ACT has fully loaded. It doesnt appear to affect anything terribly but my ACT install does hang from time to time... not sure if this is as a result of the error I have noted...

Can anyone please shed some light on this one...

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Wierd error message that I cant find a reply to....

What version of ACT! (full build from help | about) ?
Pro or Premium?

Are you running any addons?
Is the Dashboard your opening page?

Is the error message exact as you have it in your post?

Can you try this:
Click on the Start button, then select Run.The Run dialog box appears.
Type cmd in the Open field and click Ok.The Command Prompt window appears.
In the Command Prompt window, type:
cd "c:\Program Files\act\act for windows'
(The path may be different if you have a 64 bit os)
press Enter.
Type:
MachineConfigUpdater.exe
press Enter.
Try again

Dear Mike

Many thanks for taking this little baby on.

The following is the information requested...

Sage ACT! Pro 2012 Version 14.1.108.0
English (Australia)
Sage Software, Inc.
©2011 Sage Software, Inc. All rights reserved. Sage, the Sage logos, ACT!, and the Sage product and service names mentioned herein are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sage Software, Inc., or its affiliated entities. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

In terms of Add Ons, I believe we are running one that recalculates age based on DOB for our clients although I cannot tell you what it is etc.. Sorry about that. I believe it updates overnight on the entire DataBase. When the DB starts, it opens on the screen listing my details but in essence it is the client view. I have just opened the dash board page. No, it doesnt open on the dashboard page, it opens on the contacts page....

The error is the exact error which is frustrating becuase I appear to be the only one who has it.

I had trouble entering the CMD address as we are running 64 bit. I did however find the file in the Program Files (x86) folder and double clicked it. A DOS box opened and closed a second or so later.

I have since restarted the ACT system and have had the same error.

I hope the above helps in the diagnoses of this prob...

Cheers again for your interest and help on this one.

Anthony

Platinum Super Contributor

The most obvious thing I see is that the error:

Error: "Could not load file or assembly 'Act.Framework.Componen, Version=14.2.108.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa or one of its dependencies. The system cannot funds the file specified"

refers to '14.2' (Sage ACT! 2012 Service Pack 2 - which is only applicable to Sage ACT! 2012 Premium (access via web)), and you have installed Sage ACT! 2012 Pro 14.1 (V14 Service pack 1).

It looks like Mike is on track with the question about add-ons.  If you can't uninstall the add-on to test, try disabling it with the instructions in this article: KB Article 27128

Greg Martin
Sage

Dear Mike and greg,

Again, thank you so much for your assistance. I installed the plug in tool as described and only had the actspe2005.dll running. A quick google of this made mention of the Email marketing etc.

I have restarted ACT and have got the identical error. So, I dont believe it is the plugins...

Any other brainwaves out there that may help...

Cheers again

Anthony Stedman

Platinum Super Contributor

Thoughts:

- It occurs 90 - 120 seconds after program loads... after program loads, the calendar continues some background tasks and add-ons would be loading.

- It is looking for a different version of the dll file than you have installed...

- It only occurs on your computer

- If the add-on that updates DOB is installed on the host machine, everyone would be affected by it..

Things to try:

- Open the demo database and test > error yes or no?

- From a different computer, sign into the database with your username > error yes or no? 

- If the DOB add-on is installed on your computer, can you uninstall the add-on and test?

- Look for any other ACT! add-ons through Add/Remove Programs (Programs and Features) > uninstall if possible

Greg Martin
Sage