Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Why is There Act for Palm v3 but No ACT for Win Mobile?

Tuned Listener

Why is There Act for Palm v3 but No ACT for Win Mobile?

I find it hard to believe there is no version of ACT for Windows Mobile, which has become much more popular and technologically advanced than Palm...this is counterintuitive.

The ACT Link for Pocket PC is deficient for my needs--

Are there any plans for a product for Win Mobile?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Why is There Act for Palm v3 but No ACT for Win Mobile?

Symantec originally did create one for Windows CE, but every new OS release from Microsoft required the product to be re-written nearly from scratch, so they dropped it.

Also, until recently Palm was by far the leader... now it's Blackberry and Windows Mobile, but this changes quite often and they have left these to third-parties to keep up with.

The best solution for Blackberry or Windows Mobile smart phones is Handheld Contact - up to 76 fields, notes, histories and activities as well as many cool functions. You can download a 14-day trial from that link
Tuned Listener

My Act program resides in my laptop not my network. My laptop is off when I am out of the office, and with me in a briefcase when I travel, so I do not think a wireless program like Handheld Contact would be appropriate for me--unless you have a better idea.

Thanks for the response-sorry I missed it.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Handheld Contact is the only solution to get most ACT! data onto Windows mobile. There are a number of single users who still use HHC for the extra functions... as it doesn't directly connect between the two (it goes via a secure server), it doesn't need the laptop to be online and will sync when it's connected.