Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Why doesn't Act for Financial Professionals work with Windows Mail (VISTA)??

Copper Super Contributor

Why doesn't Act for Financial Professionals work with Windows Mail (VISTA)??

I would think the program would be written to work with Vista, as isn't Vista the new standard and Windows Mail is the new version of Outlook Express.  Email funtionality with Act is an important component.  Any ideas as to why this functionality is not enabled?  Thank you.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Why doesn't Act for Financial Professionals work with Windows Mail (VISTA)??

The new Windows Mail doesn't have the same ability for other apps to connect with it.

The only choices are Outlook or ACT!'s Internet Mail

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Why doesn't Act for Financial Professionals work with Windows Mail (VISTA)??

So I would have to load Outlook to use Outlook as the provider?

If I use the Act email, then I would need a separate web address I suppose?

Can you tell me what most people do?

Yes, you would need to load Outlook to use it as the email client... this is the best solution for most ACT! users.

ACT! Internet Mail needs a POP3/SMTP email account... usually your ISP would have one you can use

Copper Super Contributor

So there is no hope if I wait around a patch will be made for Windows Mail?

Isn't Outlook old and going away?

So I would download Outlook off the internet, and then follow the set up instructions and delete the Windows Mail program?  Is this a problem with Vista to use Outlook?

Thanks for the help, sorry for the questions.  I am digging ACT though.  Curtis

I don't know that Windows Mail has the ALp that allows this.

Outlook is Microsoft's main email product and is not going away.

You can't download Outlook from the internet (as far as I'm aware). It's part of Office.