Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Why does "Scrolling" not work with ACT 2010???

Why does "Scrolling" not work with ACT 2010???

Hi there.  Just curious if anyone else has a problem with or solution to why you can't "scroll" up and down the page of contacts when it is on list view?  Is there a preference setting or something that will allow this?  Thanks in advance for any help provided.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Why does "Scrolling" not work with ACT 2010???

The scroll works for me in the contact list view. Are you sure that you have the focus in the list?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hi Roy.  Thank you for responding.  I hate to admit this, but I am a very, very basic user of this software and I don't know what you mean by:

Are you sure that you have the focus in the list?

All I know is that I can see a lot of my contacts all listed from top to bottom in the main viewing window, but using the scroll wheel on my mouse will not move the page up or down.  Even if I put my cursor on the vertical slide bar on the right and click on the bar and move the mouse up and down, it won't move the information in the window as I move.  The bar will move, but the window will only change position when I let go of the button on the mouse.  The only way I can move the page up or down is to click on the up or down arrow above or below the slide bar or click in one of the areas of dead space above or below the slide bar.  If one of my contacts is highlighted, I can use the up or down arrow to move from contact to contact in the list, but I want to be able to "scroll" on the page and have it move. I hope that all makes sense to you or someone else reading this, because I think I am starting to confuse myself.  Thanks again.

Having a record highlighted put the focus in the list. If it wont' scroll then, it's and issue with your mouse driver.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I'm sorry to be an idiot, but I still don't understand the focus in the list comments.  What I do understand is that my mouse scrolls just fine on every other web page or in any other application I happen to be working with, so I don't know how this could have anything to do with my mouse drivers.  I very much appreciate your trying to help, Roy.  Anybody else have any ideas?

I tested it with my mouse which is a  Microsoft track ball with Microsoft drivers and it scrolls in the contact list view. If you are using a Logitech or some other mouse, I've seen problems in the past having them working with the ACT! program. Again, the scroll works on my system so your problem is a system problem.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

I also checked scrolling on my system, and scrolling with the scroll wheel on the mouse works fine on my system.  If I click on the scroll bar on the contacts list page in Act, it doesn't exactly scroll the same as the mouse wheel but it does move down the page as you let go of the scroll bar.  However clicking on the down or up arrow if you would call it that, on the scroll bar does scroll the contacts down the same as with the mouse. 

My mouse is an off brand, wired mouse but using the standard mouse driver in Windows.

BT_Can, thank you for your post.  This is nuts that I can scroll in every application I have on my computer but ACT!  I am using a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo.  The keyboard is a 3000 v2.0 and the mouse is a MS Wireless Mouse 5000.  I am running Vista Home Premium 64 bit I wonder if that might be causing this issue.  I know it's a minor thing, but I am very **bleep** and this is driving me nuts.  Thanks again for the post.
Copper Contributor

I know that feeling, especially when it works with everything else and not one program, you kind of feel helpless.  I just dont see any settings in Act that you can change or add that would have this happen.  I am using windows 7 in 32 bit, but I upgraded from Vista 32 bit and I know the scrolling was fine there too. Be interesting to see if anyone else has a similar problem, and hopefully someone can offer other suggestions. 

Will

My Mother-in-law is getting the same problem.  She has a new Levono laptop running Windows 7 Pro and a MS Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000.  The drivers for the mouse are the latest off of Microsoft's website.  She cannot scroll in any part of her Act program either.

Just wanted to add her experience the this post.

She is running Act! 2010.