Why Did ACT Decide to Lock My Database?

Copper Contributor

Why Did ACT Decide to Lock My Database?

08/17/2017

Environment Is:

• Act! Premium Version 19.2.146.0, Update 3
  • Windows 10
  • Click-to-Run Update Support - Successfully installed on 07/13/2017
  • 2017-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4025342) - Successfully installed on 07/11/2017
  • Office 365 – Office Update - This product will not be updated.  Version 16.0.4229.1024

Background:

Yesterday, I managed to get some work done with ACT, working around all the unresolved issues that have been inflicted upon me.

This morning, I used ACT just a bit.  I need to sync so that I can leave the office and use ACT while I am out of the office.

I cannot manage to unlock the database.  

Let me be clear: ACT has wasted another 10 minutes of my time, 10 minutes that I really do not have to fix ANOTHER ACT problem.

Issue:

Well, ACT decided to lock the database, sometime between the time that I shutdown ACT yesterday afternoon and 6:20 AM.

SO, I CANNOT USE ACT WHEN I AM OUT OF THE OFFICE, during some planned downtime.

This is the ACT technical problem du jour keeping me from working, again.

QUESTION:

Why, Why O Why, Can I Not Use ACT, just once, just once I ask, so that I can actually earn some money?  Why?

Re: Why Did ACT Decide to Lock My Database?

Hi Princeedwardh,

I believe there may have been updates that may have needed to be applied to the database during a sync which caused the issue, The database should unlock once this is finished but may have not complete or encountered an error.

For reference I have provided an article which guides on unlocking the database Via our Actdiag utility.

KB 38801 - How do I unlock a database by using the Act! Diagnostics utility?