Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Who moved my cheese?

Bronze Contributor

Who moved my cheese?

Where did the group selection drop-down go on the Contact Detail screen?  It used to be in the upper right corner.  It appears to have been replaced by a Layout Drop-down.  Where do I now select only those contacts from a specific group?
Signature
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Who moved my cheese?

Hello chieff,

The "View Groups/Companies" button was left when the new user interface was designed. We actually have a feature request in to put it back. You can still lookup contacts in a particular group or company from the Group or Company Detail view. Just highlight the Group or Company in the tree, and under the Contacts tab, right-click and select Create Lookup.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Bronze Super Contributor

Greig... wassis you mean by "left"?  Was lost?

Every one of my clients that uses groups shrieks that the Groups selector button was removed.  It was a very, very useful tool.  Organized people group their contacts, this was a quick way into them.  Now we try to get them to go through Dashboards, but that's a diversion and really not as effective.

Since Sage want to sell more licenses, I'm sure it will be returned in a v.12 inline, but until then....

is there really no way to return the Groups button to the contact screen???

Paul Marentette
ACT! Certified Consultant
paul@teamuptime.ca

SOLUTIONS FROM TEAM UPTIME

Paul, Sorry, I meant "left out". I'm not sure why the decision was made to do this, and I certainly understand your need. As I said, there is a formal request to have the feature put back in, which would have to be done by the developers in an update or future release. I apologize for any inconvenience.

If you would like to post a request to have the feature reinstated, please start a discussion on the Share Your Ideas board in this Community.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I know this is a long time after the last post, but we have just upgraded from Version 10 to 2010 and have now discovered this issue.

Was there ever a remedy or are we stuck without this useful facility? 

Hello John,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. The request to reinstate that feature has been submitted, but at this time I have no further information as to when or if it will be put back into the new interface.

Greig Hollister

Thanks for your prompt response Greig,  but .....

I've just found it. Sorry, should have checked more thoroughly first!

View Groups/Companies is on the side menu, when in Contact Detail View.

Thanks.

John Hadler