Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Which one is My current ACT Database?

Which one is My current ACT Database?

The name of my database is "sales". In the last 3 years, due to some reasond, I have had to create duplicate files with similar name and the result is that I see 4 files with that name in 4 different places - 3 on D drive and one on C drive. How do I know where is my current file? When I click on file/open data base, I do not see the "sales" file. I do not switch off my PC because I fear when I restart and I try to open the database, where will I find my current updated sales database?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Which one is My current ACT Database?

Hello samcollab,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. You will need to look at each file and see which is most the most current (last edit date, number of contacts). If you cannot see a database from the File/Open screen, then try changing the "Files of type" in the Open box from ".PAD", to ".ADF", and open the ADF file for the database.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Which one is My current ACT Database?

If you want to know the location of the database that is currently open, you can go to the Help menu and select 'About ACT!', then select 'Database Information'. It will have the location of the PAD file, and path to the database file "Database File Location".
Greg Martin
Sage