Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Which Smartphone and Act 10.0 syncing works the best??? Please give suggestions

Which Smartphone and Act 10.0 syncing works the best??? Please give suggestions

I am currently using the new iPhone 3g with Act 10 and CompanionLink Pro thru a direct USB sync.  It works OK, but is a little bit confusing.

When you plug in your iphone to USB it automatically starts iTunes and syncs your iTunes with Outlook (plus all music).  Then you have to do the CL Sync which syncs the Outlook and Act databases.  Now, your phone is not up do date as you have sync'd first!

So then you have to re-sync with iTunes to update your iphone again.  Confused???

I really only want to use Outlook for email and Act and my smartphone for everything else.

I have also used the Act Link for Palm (included with Act) to sync directly with my Centro Palm and that works pretty well.  I just wanted to switch to either an iPhone, Windows mobile device, or Blackberry.

I actually own ALL of the phones:

1) Blackberry Curve, Blackjack II, iphone 3g, and Palm Centro. as well as I own Companionlink Pro.

Please someone tell me the BEST AND MOST EFFICIENT way to use Outlook 2007/windows Vista, with Act 10.0 and sync with my Smartphone??????????????????????  I don't care if I get my contacts and calendar into Outlook, I just want my Act and my Smartphone data to sync seamlessly.  Prefer USB sync and not pay for wireless service if possible.  I have between 3000 and 4000 contacts in my database to sync.

ALL OPINIONS WELCOME if you have actual experience syncing like this!

THANKS! 

Tony

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Which Smartphone and Act 10.0 syncing works the best??? Please give suggestions

The best option will depend on which phone OS you perfer and what information you want on it or to be able to update

Re: Which Smartphone and Act 10.0 syncing works the best??? Please give suggestions

I've just bought a Palm Treo.  It easily synchs with Outlook.  What I'm wanting to achieve though is to get my ACT Tasks into it somehow.  Using the Update Outlook Activities is a good start but it doesn't seem to transfer the tasks into Outlook only the diary related activities.  I need the ACT tasks to get into the Outlook Task list so that they can be picked up by the Treo.  What am I missing here?  Any help appreciated.  Malcolm

Hello,

May I suggest using ActLink for palm to directly sync between Act and the Treo. If you want to have your Outlook and Act synced, then Campanion Link has a program called Double Look. This will keep Act and Outlook syncronized as long as it is running in the background. I was a user of their Campanion Link Pro and when I needed to change to Double Look, they just carried my liscence from one to the other and did not charge me for Double Look, which I thought was really great on their part.

Hope this helps in some way

Oscar 

Thanks for that advise but I have to confess that it scares me a bit.  Last year I had a nightmare of nuclear proportions trying to use Companion link with my Palm TX.  It was more than a disaster.  Even the pears that had gone pear-shaped went pear-shaped.  It took weeks to recover the mess that was created.  Quite frankly I'd be too spooked by that to try them again.  I'll check out double look though and see if I can encourage someone else I know to try it first.  I'll stand by with protective clothing...

The current set up with the Treo and Outlook is working just so smoothly that I'm hesitant to dabble too much unless it breaks.  Last year I also spent 48 hours on the phone to a helpdesk (over a 2 month period) with the trouble that the Companion Link created on the PDA plus the clean up on my ACT and Outlook systems. 

Thanks tho.  I appreciate the advise.  I'll also look into ACTLink.

Cheers - Malcolm

Platinum Elite Contributor

If looking at a Blackberry or Windows Mobile (PocketPC or Treo) device, you really should try the trial of Handheld Contact.

If using a Palm OS device, ACT! for Palm is the best