Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Which Act! Version Do I need?

Accepted Solution Solved
JJ
Accepted Solution

Which Act! Version Do I need?

I am trying to figure out which Act! version I need-Non -Premium?  Premium?  How many licenses?

Here are my requirements:

Enable Telemarketer to make sales-calls, add notes and schedule appointments for Outside Sales Rep.

Enable Outside rep to see the appointment set by Telemarketer on his own calendar.

Enable Telemarketer and admin to import contact info from Sales Genie and other sources.

Only 2 people need access the database at a time. If I tried, it can be just one person accessing the database simultaneously.

I do not want to enable Telemarketer to delete records. Only admin should have the access privileges to delete contact records.

Create activity reports for Sales Manager to view activities done by team members.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author JJ
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

Re: Which Act! Version Do I need?

JJ, ACT is based on named users and you can have up to 10 in Standard version so I would think this would get you going. If though you are going to have a number of remote users then depening on how they are going to connect to synchronise might make the choice of using Premium or Standard and the Premium version has the advantadge of not having to have the master database open to synchronise.

Why don't you speak with a local ACT consultant on your specific requirements particularly synchronisation. If you decide to go with Standard as a cost saving method at the moment you can upgrade to Premium at a later time.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author JJ
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

JJ, ACT is based on named users and you can have up to 10 in Standard version so I would think this would get you going. If though you are going to have a number of remote users then depening on how they are going to connect to synchronise might make the choice of using Premium or Standard and the Premium version has the advantadge of not having to have the master database open to synchronise.

Why don't you speak with a local ACT consultant on your specific requirements particularly synchronisation. If you decide to go with Standard as a cost saving method at the moment you can upgrade to Premium at a later time.

Paul Buchtmann

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
JJ

So Standard version wil do. What is the range on my cost for it?

Bronze Contributor

JJ,

You are in the US and I am not up on the pricing in that part of the world so you could look on www.act.com or ring one of your local computer shops for pricing.

Paul Buchtmann