Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Which ACT! Version to choose?

Tuned Listener

Which ACT! Version to choose?

I am currently using Act 2011. Pro. Its a single user setup on a local laptop with handheld contacts to sync to IPhone. My company just upgraded me to a surface pro running Windows 10, office 2013 and lotus notes 9. I was using linkpoint to track email to act. Linkpoint is no longer an option as they don't offer it now.

Obviously its time to upgrade, but which version will be the best fit?

Employee

Re: Which ACT! Version to choose?

Maybe look into a trial of Act Premium for Cloud:

https://www.act.com/products/pricing

Tuned Listener

Thanks for your suggestion, The cloud version is out of my price range. I'm a single user and have to pay for it out of my pocket. I prefer to stay with the one time purchase options

Bronze Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Kelly,

You can purchase Act! Pro from this website...

https://www.act.com/pricing?Ror=561283-ACT

Just select the Pro purchase option.

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Please be aware that as far as I know support for Lotus Notes was dropped from ACT two versions ago. Thought you should know this before spending out on ACT V20.

Link on compatibility below -

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29767/~/act%21-compatibility-matrix

Tuned Listener

Thanks I was thinking that would be the way I'd need to go, but not sure about which version, 18, has Lotus but only to 8.5 not sure if 9.0 would work.

Tuned Listener

That was one of my thoughts but I don't know if the V18 will support Lotus 9.0. If it would its a slam dunk, my next concern is my version of office is 64 bit and the comparison you sent says it wont work on V18

Bronze Elite Contributor

It seems you are ending between a rock and a hard place.

I support over 100 companies in the UK for ACT and as far as I know none of them use Lotus Notes anymore. Is there a reason they are still using Lotus Notes?

Tuned Listener

It’s the corporations choice. The reasons are above my pay grade. 

Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi kelleym1,

Regarding Office 64-bit - you're right that it won't work with v18 - compatibility for 64bit versions was only released in v19 of Act!

So there's no version of Act that will support both 64-bit Office and Lotus Notes. Act does come with a basic word processor built in, so depending on what you're intending to do with it - it may be that Notes isn't necessary? For example the Act word processor can create and print mass mail-out campaigns etc from the data in your Act database.

In terms of a recommending a version - generally speaking the best value is to consider becoming an Act! Premium Subscriber. This means you'd be entitled to the latest version of Act! (v20) as well as any future updates for as long as you're a subscriber. It's also more flexible - you can change the number of licences any time, gives you access to technical support from Swiftpage and lets you make use of the Companion App and other internet connections for your data.

Of course it's my job to say all that, so maybe I'm a little biased. It is good value though.