Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Where to track contacts with multiple skill sets? (Such as a tour guide with multiple language skills)

Where to track contacts with multiple skill sets? (Such as a tour guide with multiple language skills)

Hello ACT experts, Need help in tracking part-time event contacts within ACT!. We want to track tour guides like this:

1) Person who speak say multiple languages: French, German and Italian

2) Person who speaks only one language: Say German

My question is would it be best to "track" them by using ACT!'s Groups or Do you think I should make a new customized field and track them with tick marks for each language that they know?

Ultimately, want to be able to send mail merges to say only folks who speak Italian? What would be the best approach?

Here is a form (link attached) that we currently use to track them and would like to be able to do it in ACT!. Thanks much for your help in this regard.

http://www.filebouncer.com/GetFiles.aspx?BounceID=b3SiRzYDJU-SFC6Z0b9qaA

Bronze Contributor

Re: Where to track contacts with multiple skill sets? (Such as a tour guide with multiple language skills)

Hello imnotorgi -

I think you hit the nail on the head by using yes/no (tick marks).  Then take advantage of the dynamic grouping so that all contacts with a certain tick mark checked would be included.  that way you don't hve to maintain group membership, it is maintained automatically by the check marks.  You can have an unlimited number of check marks.  I use this method myself to do a dynamic lookup on over 25 characteristics.

Hope this helps.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013

Re: Where to track contacts with multiple skill sets? (Such as a tour guide with multiple language skills)

Appreciate the response. Are you still suggesting a custom field creation that accepts multiple values (languages) and therefore you can choose a contact and "check" multiple languages on it and then associate them to a dynamic group? Bit confused.

Thanks

We track our customers by equipment they own and in order to group them so I can just send postcards to a customer with a certain machine, we use the ID/Status field. This allows you to sort by this field. Just a suggestion.