Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Where is the database?

lxp

Where is the database?

I'd like to be able to import opportunities into act but before plopping down $400 for an add-on, I'd like to see if I can accomplish this with tools I already have.  I'm more used to MySQL so please forgive the ignorance but where is the MS SQL located that Act writes to?  Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Where is the database?

lxp

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the input.  I'm willing to take the risk as I'm currently evaluating sugar, salesforce and act   (with act leading the pact) for a crm implementation for our Company.  I probably didn't explain well enough what I'm looking to do.  I would like to tie act to (at least one) of our website(s) that would allow forms filled out by our customers on our site to be updated within act and any updates by our cs staff to conversely update the Mysql database.  It seems as if it's not only theoratically possible but has already been accomplished.  See this thread http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT-Developer-s-Forum/How-to-customize-ACT-to-interface-with-linux-...

If anyone moderates this forum by Sage, are there any plans to include this feature in a later release?  It seems like a potential market share "score" for Sage.  Most websites run on Linux and the ability to download customer data seemlessly into Act! would be extremely benefical for these site owners.  Act, by far, offers many advantages over the other CRM solutions.  The only drawback I see is the manual input of customer information .

It's not a "risk" it's a certainty. I couldn't see in that thread where it has been done without the SDK

Programmatic entry of data is done by the SDK

The Emarketing in the ACT! program has the means to import from a web form.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129