Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Where are stored the values that feed the comboboxes ? (Edit list values)

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Where are stored the values that feed the comboboxes ? (Edit list values)

Hi,

On the Contact information screen I have a couple of combo boxes. One of them for the City. When I Click on it I tet to see all the different cities that were previously entered. However at the very end of the list I have the option "Edit list values" I looked I would like to know in what table those values get stored. By the way I will use this on a read-only basis. I am very aware of referential integrity issue that can originate by directly modifying in tables without filters or controls.

Thanks in advance.

Julio

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎09-08-2017 01:19 AM
Administrator

Re: Where are stored the values that feed the comboboxes ? (Edit list values)

Hi Julio,

I believe the table you're looking for is TBL_PICKLISTITEM. You can also get the creating user ID here so you can tell if you (or another admin) created it, or another user entered it manually into the dropdown field.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hi Julio,

I would like to be certain you are talking about viewing the tables from the likes of SQL management studio for the drop down lists?

If I have over complicated the question and you would like to view them from within Act it would be best following the article i have provided below.

KB 22850 - How to Create and Manage a Drop-Down List in ACT!

Yes. I want to be able to see the data tha feeds the comboboxes from managment studio. This on read-only basis. No to modify anything and risk the referencial integrity. My reason is that some useres have entred city names  like "Montreal" (first letter upper) and others "MONTREAL" or "Montréal" (with an accent)  having giving mulitple items for the same city. I want to do a full "inventory" of cities and find the most efficient way of standarizing this type of fields (mayority wins). 

If I could see run a select against the table that holds those values it would give me a more global view of the works to be done. There are other combo boxes that need to be corrected too (i.e. province, country) .

Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎09-08-2017 01:19 AM
Administrator

Hi Julio,

I believe the table you're looking for is TBL_PICKLISTITEM. You can also get the creating user ID here so you can tell if you (or another admin) created it, or another user entered it manually into the dropdown field.

Thank you Guys. That was exactly what I was looking for.

Julio