Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

When will there be an Act patch for Office 2013 (64 bit)

When will there be an Act patch for Office 2013 (64 bit)

Act Pro v 16 (32 bit) is not compatilbe with Microsoft Office 2013 (64 bit).  When will Act have a patch?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: When will there be an Act patch for Office 2013 (64 bit)

Not until Microsoft supplies the connectivity capability.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I am an Act guy and I am ready to buy v16.  When do you think Act and Microsoft will work out the connectivity issues?

No idea, it's up to Microsoft and they recommend using the 32 bit version of Office. The 64 bit version is only useful for very massive spreadsheets.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I explain it here: http://lnkd.in/iXn95g

There is also a link to a Microsoft article stating that most addons can't work with the x64 version, which is why Office 2013 defaults to x32 (even on x64 systems)

Ugh.

I assumed Microsoft Office 2013 64 bit was being offered simply because there are so many new 64 bit computers on the market.

Do you know of another Contact Manager (other than Outlook) that I can purchase and use temporarily until Act and Microsoft are 64 bit compatible?

Many thanks!

As I (and Microsoft) said, it's not an Act! issue ... most products are in a similar impasse

Office has been available in 64bit since Office 2003 ... but always defaults to x32 install except 2010. This caused so many issues they went back to preferring x32 with 2013

Why do you want x64?
The only advantage of it is ability to handle spreadsheets >3GB

You will be better off uninstalling the 64 bit office and install the 32 bit version, it is 64 bit compatible. Microsoft has a history of things like the 64 bit version of office. They released a 64 bit version of Windows XP but never did SP3 for that OS which made it useless for many applications.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Super Contributor

I have uninstalled Office 64bit and installed 32bit several times a clients where their IT have installed 64bit.

No problems so you should be ok t do this.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Copper Super Contributor

Despite everyone's responses here that "Microsoft doesn't recommend it", it "isn't Sages/Acts'" or whoevers fault, or "you probably don't need 64-bit" I sure hope whoever owns Act now is jumping up and down at Microsoft on this.

Corporate IT refreshed hundreds of laptops the last two weeks to 64 bit OS on Windows 8 with 64 bit Office 2013 and Outlook 2013.  I didn't need the upgrade to Act 2014 but did it because of Outlook 2013 support, to find out this morning it won't work anyway beause it's 64 bit. Apologies for being a dumb user who wasn't sure if my machine is 64 bit or 32 bit - 90% of the population really doesn't care about that either.   

I've been an Act user for ~20 years and now you tell me I have to stop using it because of Microsoft?? 

Corporate uses Salesforce, its ugly and bloated, and doesn't work the way I want to, but it has support for Outlook 2013 (64 bit no less, go figure??).  My forecasting is all in Salesforce now, easy enough to do, but I may be forced to do more with it given I cannot realistically have a contact/to-do list in Act, email in Outlook, and email histories and forecast in SFDC.

On the bright side if I use the Oulook/SFDC combo I can at least use the VoIP softphone we use internally.  Having to manually dial a telephone with Act is so 20th century.   

Mike