Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

When tabbing to a phone number field, the number is no longer automatically highlighted

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

When tabbing to a phone number field, the number is no longer automatically highlighted

It appears that in the latest Act version, when I Tab between fields of a contact record and land on a phone number, the number is longer automatically highlighted. I'm using a custom layout, as we always have, and it was a very nice feature in previous Act versions. When I had to edit a phone number I would tab to that field and just start typing. The new phone # would automatically replace the old #.

As with other tweaks in the new software, not a major complaint. Just mentioning in case anyone on the programming end is curious about what customers are reacting to.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ntoren1
‎06-08-2016 10:10 AM
Administrator

Re: When tabbing to a phone number field, the number is no longer automatically highlighted

Hi Nick,

We've tested this and it appears this was a feature in Act 2011. I'm not sure when it was changed, but it was was likely changed to make the behaviour of tabbing through fields uniform throughout the layout, and to reduce the risk of data accidentally being removed/edited when tabbing through fields.
As a work around, pressing Shift+Home after the cursor enters the field by tabbing, will select the data in the field.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Re: When tabbing to a phone number field, the number is no longer automatically highlighted

Hi Nick,

What version of Act did you upgrade from?
Did this version highlight the complete phone number when tabbing into the field?

Hi, Gary. We had been using Act Pro 2011, version 13.

Thanks,

Nick

Solution
Accepted by topic author ntoren1
‎06-08-2016 10:10 AM
Administrator

Hi Nick,

We've tested this and it appears this was a feature in Act 2011. I'm not sure when it was changed, but it was was likely changed to make the behaviour of tabbing through fields uniform throughout the layout, and to reduce the risk of data accidentally being removed/edited when tabbing through fields.
As a work around, pressing Shift+Home after the cursor enters the field by tabbing, will select the data in the field.

Good to know!