Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

When changing contact, the tabs don't change; Top of Contact Detail detaches from Tabs

Copper Contributor

When changing contact, the tabs don't change; Top of Contact Detail detaches from Tabs

We have ACT! 2011 Premium with about 30 users.  A few power are increasingly running into a problem where the tabs (lower part of the contact detail view) seem to "detach" from the top part of the view.  When looking up a new contact the top portion of the contact detail view accurately show the contact that you looked up but the tabs on the lower part of the view are from the previous contact.

Restarting ACT! Fixes the problem.  I can't find anything about it in the knowledge base; I'm sure I'm not using the correct search terms. 

Help!!

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: When changing contact, the tabs don't change; Top of Contact Detail detaches from Tabs

I have seen this behavior before. I don't know the cause but I suspect that it relates to the video resource issues where ACT! holds onto GDI resource, released of course when you restart ACT!. The more items that you have in history and the rapidity that you are moving through records and switching views increases the chances of it occurring. You could try running database maintenance frequently on the scheduler, but I suspect that won't cure it. The number of users you have probably increases your awareness of it,  you will probably find some power users are doing a lot of lookups and searching that will make it more obvious to them.  

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog